Chapter fifteen

We took my sister around town and she loved every second of it. Watching her light up just made me so incredibly happy. I had Maggie taking pictures of us at all the spots and then I rushed to get them developed. I really needed to get a Polaroid camera. I always wanted one but never got around to getting one.

Sam was getting along great with my friends and had taken a liking to Maggie and Mary. Before I even woke up they had already gone out shopping one day.

I was sitting on the couch in Queen's practice room as Roger introduced everyone to Olivia. Then they got to work and the girl's all played cards.

"Welcome to the club," Mary told Olivia smiling. "It can get pretty chaotic sometimes."

"One time Roger chased Brian down the hall with a guitar stand," Maggie recalled. My sister turned to me and I nodded.

"Yep, Freddie went after them and John and I just stood there." I laughed.

"Really?" Olivia asked turning her gaze towards Roger. "What was the reason?"

"Well Roger was doing this one drum part and Brian thought he should do it a different way. The ending basically rights itself." I replied looking down at my cards.

"Well, what happened?" She asked eagerly.

"Freddie chased after the two down the hall and the school's security got to them. They told them if they didn't knock it off they'd have to find another place to practice. That shut them up." I told her chuckling. Olivia was shocked but wasn't surprised in the least. I couldn't blame her.

My gaze wandered to John who had Freddie looking over his shoulder, showing him a riff he had just come up with.

Maggie snapped her fingers in front of my face. Telling me it was my turn to go. The rest of the game consisted of us telling Olivia band practice horror stories. My sister hadn't heard them either. It was funny seeing their reactions.

The next two days went by faster than I wanted them to. They consisted of more site seeing, shopping and eating out. I held on tightly to these moments. Soon my sister would be gone again. Who knows the next time I'd see her. But I didn't bring that up to her. I just wanted happy memories to look back on.

We were at Mag's restaurant, Maggie, Sam, Mary, and I. The place was packed like usual and we were in a tiny booth in the corner of the restaurant. Maggie was very happy to not be working tonight.

"Christmas has been sad without you there every year." My sister told me before taking a drink from her milkshake. "What do you do for Christmas here?"

Truthfully I'm usually pretty lonely. Especially my first year here. I spent it in my dorm alone, my roommate was gone. Nobody was around. I wasn't ready to go home yet. I knew I would really get it for sneaking off. I had considered it though. Going home. I just wanted to be with some people. I got to where I was sobbing in my bathroom, hyperventilating. All I wanted was to be with someone. Maggie and I were friends but not great friends at the time. The years following that I always went home with her. Her family adored me. But that year I had no one, no one at all. Freddie and I hadn't been introduced yet. But even being with Maggie and her family I was still pretty lonely. But that year I packed a bag, tears running down my face and got down to the sidewalk. I looked around at the almost abandoned campus and then started really crying. I was there at the bus stop, no one around, sobbing my eyes out. But I couldn't go home. I knew it would be worse there. So I went back up to my dorm and spent Christmas alone.

"Usually I go with Mag to her house, it's huge," I told her cracking a smile.

"My parents are loaded." She said and we all laughed.