Chapter five

I laid on Roger on the couch, while he threw a ball up and down at the ceiling. It wasn't a very eventful game.

But what was there to do really?

The power was out. And it was raining cats and dogs out there.

Maggie had lit a few candles but it was still very dark. Roger and Brian were over trying to fix the sink when it happened.

I had asked for Brian. Just Brian. But Roger tagged along too. Just coming to see if he could eat more of our food. Which he did. Freddie was still out of town with Mary. Mary called Maggie to tell her that she was introducing Freddie to her dad. That shocked us all.

I was happy for Mary. I really was. Freddie was my best friend and I loved him so much. People always questioned if we were together but I don't know, I don't feel that way. I've only ever seen him as a friend. He's attractive and cute and sweet and all that. But I don't know. I just didn't see him that way. So I'm nothing but happy for them.

"Is John coming?" Roger whined throwing the ball up into the air. He caught it, a matter of seconds later.

"He said he was bringing dinner," Brian responded annoyed. He had repeated the same information several times to the group. "But he's probably stuck in traffic, with the lights being out and everything."

"Try calling his phone and see if he's left yet," Roger responded and Brian nodded, getting up to use our phone.

I sighed. I just wanted John to get here.

Brian hung up the phone and came back to his seat, shaking his head.

"He's left, so he'll be here soon."

Roger nodded and threw the ball up into the air, this time I caught it. He smirked at me as I gave it back to him. Roger was one of my best friends. He may have gotten on my nerves sometimes but I still loved him to death.

"I'm hungry!" Maggie whined as she slid dramatically down from the couch and onto the carpeted floor, face down.

"He'll be here!" Brian said laughing. He readjusted his position in his chair.

"I just wanna watch the telly!" Maggie complained from the floor.

"The power should be back on soon."

"How soon is soon?!" Maggie whined.

"Soon," Brian responded smirking.

Maggie got up, grabbed a pillow off the couch, and whipped it Brian's head. He blocked it, just in time with his hands. He was laughing his head off.

Maggie went into her room. Saying something about needing a nap. I think she just wanted to get away from us.

With a candle in the middle of the coffee table, we played cards. We were about halfway through the game when there was a knock on the door.

We all got up and even Maggie came out of her room. (There was food involved.)

I opened the door to see John, soaked from head to toe.

Roger put his hand over his mouth to keep from laughing. While Brian and I actually were concerned.

"John are you alright, oh my gosh," I said pulling him from the hallway and into our flat.

"Yeah, I'm alright, just a bit cold." He mumbled his lip trembling.

Roger was trying his best not to laugh but he wasn't really doing a good job.

"Who cares about John, is the food okay?!" Maggie cried taking the take-out bags from John. She ran into the kitchen with them.

"John we gotta get you out of these clothes, you'll catch a cold."