Chapter fifty-one

After arriving home we had just a week really until we jetted off to Japan. Apparently, Queen was a huge deal there. I was ecstatic about visiting. Japan seemed fascinating and I couldn't wait to go.

John went up to York to visit his aunt and uncle. They had invited him up. I would have went but I'd be spending even more time with him in Japan, I only got a limited time with my friends.

Amber dropped off Snowball and I was crying at the sight of him. I had missed my dog so much. I was worried he was going to hate me or even forget me. But no he practically jumped out of Amber's arms to greet me.

The first two days back were so great, we went shopping with Mary, ate out and just spent time together. I was bummed to find out I wouldn't get to see Harmony. She was out of town for work.

On the second day, I got to spend most of my time with Maggie but Roger took her out for dinner. So I decided to go to Fred and Mary's for dinner.

I asked them about their plans for their wedding but Freddie kept changing the subject. It confused me but maybe nothing was ready to be talked about yet. I knew when they were ready to talk about it they would.

On the third day I was eating lunch with Maggie on her lunch break.

"I am in so much pain and we are out of medication." She groaned.

"What's wrong?" I asked looking up from my salad.

"My dumb ass period." She spit. "It feels like my uteras is trying to kill me. Or to get me to rip it out. Which actually doesn't sound like a bad idea at the moment."

"Yeah I hear you on that. The first day for me is always the worst. The last time..." I dropped my fork.

"Nina?" She asked. I was staring into my food. "Hello? Nina?"

"Oh dear God."

"What?!" She asked becoming generally concerned. "Nina?"

"No... no... no." I said getting up and shaking my head.

"Nina what is wrong?!"

"My period... I haven't had it in... in... a month."

Maggie's eyes widened.

"Don't jump to conclusions Nina." She said rushing to my side. "It could be stress-"

"The only reason I didn't notice it was because I was so distracted with life on the road... oh my gosh Maggie!" I said beginning to cry.

"Nina don't cry, we are going to get you to the doctors and prove that everything is all right and it's just late. It's a fluke."

"How could it be a fluke?" I asked as she began to wipe my tears. She didn't reply. She just went to the phone book and dialed my doctor's number.

My head was spinning. Could I be pregnant? John and I were always carefull, he always wore a condom. I didn't even know how it was possible. He always wore a-

Oh.

Maggie put me on with my doctor and I scheduled an appointment for later today. I had to beg to be squeezed in. There was no way I was going to be able to go a day thinking about if I was or not.

"There was this time on tour," I told Maggie after I hung up the phone. "We were just in the moment, he had just gotten off stage... we both forgot it... oh my God!!!"

"Nina calm down." She replied putting her hand on my shoulder. "Breathe." She instructed and I did as I was told.

"I've forgotten condoms before too and I wasn't pregnant. It's going to be okay."