Chapter fifty-two

TRIGGER WARNING: GUNS, BLOOD, AND VIOLENCE ARE IN THIS CHAPTER!

I finally did get ahold of Sam, and in between her sobs, she agreed to be my maid of honor. Plans for the wedding were starting off slowly since John and I were pretty preoccupied with all the baby stuff.

She still was in shock that I was pregnant. I had to assure her that I wasn't as freaked out as I was the day I rang her. That was the day I found out of course I was going to be freaked out.

John rang his mum and invited her to come up for the week. Julie was still in school so she wouldn't be coming. Lillian was on the edge about coming and taking off work but John's serious tone convinced her.

I was nervous to tell her. I didn't want her to look at me, or even her son differently.

What would she say? How would she react?

John was quite nervous too. He was pacing around our kitchen table smoking a cigarette. I would try and comfort him and tell him that it was going to be all right but I didn't know myself. He knew his mum better than I did no matter how close I thought I was with her.

There was a knock at the door. John stopped his pacing and crossed over to the door. He opened the door.

"Oh, darling!" Lillian exclaimed as she wrapped her arms around her son. "You sounded so serious on the phone... is everything all right?"

She let go of him and came over to me, squeezing me to death.

"Hmmm? Everythings okay right?" She asked me. I didn't say anything.

"Mum just have a seat," John said coming over to my side.

Lillian stared at her son worriedly as she sat down.

"Sweetie what's wrong?" She asked concerned. "You are scaring me."

"There isn't an easy way to say this." He sighed putting his hand around my hip. "Nina is pregnant."

Her eyes widened and her jaw dropped.

"She's... she's pregnant?" She stuttered.

"Yes, about 9 weeks along."

"Well, are you all right?" She questioned jumping to her feet to look at me up close. "Do you feel okay?" She asked cupping my face.

John was shocked by his mother's response. Honestly so was I. My parents would have already disowned me by now.

"I'm fine." I chuckled. "I do getting morning sickness though."

"Ugh morning sickness, I got that with John but not with Julie.... oh sweetie." She said pushing a strand of hair out of my face. "No wonder you are glowing."

I smiled.

"Thank you, Lillian."

"You aren't mad mum?" John asked confused.

"Well it's not the ideal way to have a child but you two are adults, my main concern is Nina right now." She told him. She turned back to me. "Do you feel faint, sick-" She asked starting to cry.

"Lillian," I laughed. "I'm okay right now, but I really do appreciate it. We aren't really telling people but I asked John if I could tell you because I don't really have a mum to talk to about this. My parents would disown me."

"Oh, darling." She sighed. "I will always be there for you and OH MY GOODNESS!"

I followed her gaze to my left hand, right on my engagement ring.

"Are you two?!"

We both nodded.

"John purposed to me in Japan, apparently he had the ring for three months prior waiting for the right time. We are getting married." I grinned.