Chapter forty-one

Getting through those weeks without John was hard. I couldn't stay with Mary the entire time. I eventually did have to go back to my flat.

But it was very depressing being there alone. Sleeping alone when I was so used to sleeping with his arms wrapped around me was difficult. Once you get to sleeping next to someone you love, you don't want to go back.

And I was worried about their safety. The tour was going well yes, but there were some terrible things going on. The lighting crew walked out in Glasgow, people raided their van in Manchchesester as well.

But the worst thing was when John rang me in literal tears about the Stirling show. Queen had done three encores and that still wasn't enough. When Queen didn't return to the stage fights broke out. Our crew members got involved and two of them were sent to the hospital.

The boys were pretty horrified and traumatized by it. They had to move their date after Stirling, in Birmingham, until after the Rainbow Theatre in London.

They didn't have enough crew members and were stuck at the police station answering questions.

But soon things started to pick up again. Like John's family came to see them soon after that. The crew members got out of the hospital and were going to be just fine.

Maggie and I were packing up John's car to take to Aberystwyth. I was so happy and relieved when the day finally arrived.

"That's such a cute thing he does," Maggie said staring at my hand.

"What?"

"That he gives you that same ring every time he goes away. Very romantic."

I blushed.

"You love him a lot don't you?" Maggie asked as she threw her suitcase in the trunk.

"I don't think I've ever loved someone the way I do him. It's so weird. Like the first time I laid eyes on him it's like we connected... I've never had that happen with anyone else but him. And my heart literally aches Mag, it aches when we are apart. It's so bizarre."

"I've never seen you happier. It kinda makes me jealous." She laughed. I lifted my suitcase into the trunk and slammed it shut. I pulled the key out and started to lock it.

"Oh Mag, you are really hung up on Rog hmm?"

"Like a disease." She replied shaking her head.

"I still say you should tell him," I told her crossing my arms.

"You never did tell me how you told John you liked him."

"Really?" I responded surprised as we got in the car.

"No, you haven't."

I put the key in and we drove off.

"Well let's see. We had just gone bowling. He was having a terrible time because he had to study for his exams. I remember earlier that week I had to practically drag him from his flat to get him to come to band practice. But he did come bowling and everyone was shocked that he came. On the way home from bowling we were talking and he just seemed pretty upset at himself for how much he was making himself study. I remember thinking it was making him sick. The car was parked and he was talking. I still don't know what made me do it but I just leaned over and kissed him. But it was so terrifying. He didn't kiss back. And all these thoughts were running through my head at like a million miles an hour. You ruined your friendship! Look what you did! Things are going to be so awkward. Things like that."

"See!" Maggie exclaimed. "That's what I'm afraid of. I don't want to be rejected."

"Will you let me finish." I laughed. She nodded and fell silent. "I let go of him and started to say I'm sorry. But he grabbed my face and kissed me. We both realized we had liked each other since we first met. Later he told me the only reason he didn't kiss me back right off the bat was because he was in shock that I was kissing him."