Chapter 8

A/N: I got tot 57 votes in the first hour of updating the last chapter. That’s epic and scary. Slow down guys! Jkjk, I love all the support you guys give me.

Nathalie's POV

 After my talk with Walt, I felt very fresh. You know, the one you get after you step out of a bath: warm and relaxed. It was something about him that made me feel like that. I suppose it's the way he talks and says things.

He came back the next day; and his girlfriend looked extra pissed. Together they made their way towards me. Oh no. He told Cali about what I told him...

"Hi Nat!" Walt greeted cheerily. He had his arm around Cali's shoulders but anyone with eyes could tell that he was trying to keep her from running away.

"Good morning Walt! Morning Cali," I greeted back. Walt nudged Cali.

"Alright hot-shot! I'm saying it! Relax..." She huffed. "Look nerd. Sorry for everything I said yesterday. I was being overprotective of what's mine. Understood? So you don't have to go crying to Walt-" I cut her off. I wasn't in any mood to listen to her crap again.

"Apology accepted," I nodded. Walt looked shocked; I think he expected this to be much longer. Cali shrugged at Walt and left for her posse. From the corner of my eye I saw Liz and Lucas walking towards us. I was ignoring Liz. She didn't trust me but was willing to believe whatever Cali told her. She had been calling all of yesterday at work and even a home, and I kept ignoring her calls.

"Why didn't you listen to the whole thing?! By the way, I never said anything to her. Like I promised." Walt snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Look Walt. Thank you for everything that you did but no offence, whatever she says has no effect on me," he nodded.

"Alright Nathalie. Whatever you say…" He stuck out his tongue. "Hey guys!"

Liz and Lucas had now joined us. They were both looking at me shamefully. Didn't they know better than to re-open old wounds? Walt noticed the tension first.

"What's up with you three? Is it about the argument yesterday? Guys, I'm sorry Cali ever said anything. She was just blabbering. Don't take it to heart; any of you." I shrugged, closed my locker and turned and walked away. It was early for class, but I wasn't in the mood to listen to anybody today. I had Economics first today and the bathroom next to that class was always empty. I went in and stood in front of the mirror

*flashback*

"Okay Nats. I'll be in the locker room. Coach wants us for something," Lucas grinned at me. It was freshman year, and Lucas and I were together. So far, it had been the best few months of my life! I was doing amazing in high school, I had a boyfriend who loved me more that ever, and an amazing best friend. I could have asked for more.

"I've got a charity event now, so I'll be at the square. I'll see you in lunch?" He nodded and pecked me on the lips and took off for the locker rooms. I continued to put things away in my locker when Liz showed up.

"Oh look! She's finally alone! Where the boyfriend?" She joked. Liz had a theory that Lucas never went anywhere without me; except the bathroom.

"Haha Liz! He just left. Coach needs him for something." She pouted.

"Aww. Listen, I won't be able to come to that event with you. I'm a little behind on work and I need I catch up. Is that cool with you?"

"Yea, sure. Work first, charity later. You can come next week. If you need help, ask me okay?" I smiled at her. Sad, she couldn't make it this week. We were taking care of all the toddlers today. Liz loved the toddlers. She thought they were 'adorable things, with the funniest ways'.