Chapter 11 - Part 1

©

A/N: Hai everybody! Its me again. i made everybody wait so long for this chapter and I doubt it meets the mark. so, for that I'm sorry. All my friends reading this, your characters are in this chapter and the next one :D SHOUTOUT TO MA PERVY SISTAHS AND STUBBLERS. i'd mention you all seperatly but then there'd have to be another chapter alone for that ;)

Enjoy xx

Walt's POV

How embarrassing. Dad sure knew how to make a kid feel shameful. True to my word, we arrived in twenty. That's when Dad decided to tell us that the insurance company would be coming next week. I wanted to punch the wall. Couldn't he have called to tell us this? The entire time, Nathalie had been quiet. She seemed to be shell shocked by the size of the house. It was pretty big.

So, that's what I thought about while Nat, Dad, Madeline, and I sat in an awkward silence. Finally, Dad spoke.

"Nathalie? Why don't you and Madeline take a tour of the house? I need to speak to Walt,"

I shot up, "no! She's not going anywhere with her," I jerked my chin towards Madeline. I saw Dad and Madeline look at each other. I could literally hear the mental conversation going on. Finally, they seemed to decide on how they were going to tell us whatever they had to tell us. Dad cleared his throat. This could not be good. I looked at Nat helplessly but she was staring at her shoes.

"Well, it's been a while since Madeline and I got engaged, and we believe, it's finally time to have a proper wedding. As in, make time, invite guests, and all that," he looked at Madeline to continue.

She smiled at him before saying, "And we've chosen a date, nobody knows yet except for the four of us. Andrew and I have started the guest list and we'd like if you were involved."

When she said 'you' she turned to look at me. I realized that everybody was staring at me. I blinked a few times, not comprehending what the both of them just said.

"What?" I stuttered out.

"We're properly getting married. With a wedding. Not the court way, liked we'd planned earlier. And we'd like you to help us, son"

"Yes. Walt, you will help us won't you? It means a lot to your father and me..."

And for the second time in five minutes, I stared blankly at the wall. That when Nathalie realized I wouldn't be responding anytime soon.

"Congratulations! Both of you!" She got up from her place on the couch to hug both of them. She told them how happy she was for them and how wonderful everything would be, and other garbage that women talk about when discussions moved onto weddings. Dad walked over to me.

"So son? What do you say? Will you be my best man?" That's when everything hit me like a ton of bricks. My dad and Madeline were actually getting married. As in, the whole white wedding, and cake, and flowers and everything. I realized that Nat and Madeline had stopped chattering and were staring at me. I shot up from my place.

"You want me to help you plan your wedding with her? When hell-"

"Walter Smith!" Dad interrupted but I was on a roll.

"-freezes over! And no. I won't be. Why don't you ask some of your buddies, eh? Obviously, their opinion is more important than mine. I don't wanna help. Honestly, I doubt I'll even show up at all."

With that I stormed out of the office and towards my room.

The house was designed by my mother. She was an architect and when my family bought the estate, she designed her dream home. It had four floors: the ground floor with the kitchen, living room, dining room, etc.; the first floor which had six guest bedrooms, each designed and themed differently; the second floor which had all of the family rooms and a mini kitchen/pantry type thing; and the third floor which was by far my favorite. It was the leisure floor. We had almost everything you could think of.