Chapter 23

A/N: I'll update as soon as we hit 270. But guys I'm not really done with the next chapter so please forgive me if there's a bit of a delay... I don't wanna give you guys a rushed chapter, you know? Seriously though, either you guys dont vote at all ot the votes come faster than fangirling breath. I'm not complaining though haha.The picture to the side is Nathalie! Enjoy xx

Go check out Sumaeyah's new story, The Memory Jar ! (Find the link as the external link)

"Nat..." Nick mumbled. Walt had just dropped me off and I crossed my hands.

"Nick." He picked up a box and handed it to me. It was roughly the size of a small cake. I took it from him and didn't say anything.

"Look, I know you spent the day with Walt. And I realized I'm okay with that. Because I won't stop hanging out with my girl-friends and I can't expect you to drop all of your guy friends. I'm sorry."

"What's in the box?"

"Black forest. I figured that if we did make up, then we could celebrate with cake? Or I could take you to dinner... Whatever you want."

"Thank you. Now, c'mon I wanna put this away so it doesn't get ruined."

"Then I'll take you to dinner?"

"Takeouts." I winked at him and walked into his embrace. It didn't really work because of the cake box but Nick took it out of my hands and set it on the ground behind him. He pressed a kiss to my lips before smiling.

"I really like kissing you." He smirked at my blush. I shoved hi out of my way and picked up my cake box.

"Suck up..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Around half-way through January, Nick decided it was time I went and met all his friends at Westin. The problem was that Westin was a rich kid's school. Safe to say, I was thinking I'd feel out of place. I remember when the kids from Westin came over to our school. Their team had all looked similar to me. We had made up but it came with a silent agreement. Nick wouldn't insult any of my friends, and I wouldn't rage on him for little things. We hadn't really decided on when to visit. Since school had already started we would have to go on a weekend. We had gotten into numerous spats and we'd made up again and again. Katie claimed that it was a good sign for any relationship. She was the expert in our group. I still hadn't had the courage to have Nick meet my inner-circle.

"So I was thinking..." Nick spoke up from beside me. We were sitting inside CCD. He had called, saying that we should go for coffee. Who was I to resist free coffee? So here we sat, cozy in one of the booths with Nick playing with my hair. Every time Eric or anyone had done it, I found it really annoying. With Nick, things were different.

"Yea?" I sipped my latte. For some odd reason, Nick had decided to get a frappechino. Cold drink in the winter. Ladies and gentlemen, my boyfriend.

"Wanna go meet my friends today?" I chocked on my doughnut and looked at him as if he was crazy.

"You're joking." I managed to choke out. Nick tugged on my hair and wiped off frosting from the side of my mouth. Did butterflies erupt in my stomach? Yes. Was there a blush? Definitely.

"Nope. You're free right?"

"Well yeah..."

"So there's no problem!" He grinned and sipped his drink. I watched him. Maybe it was me being love-struck but I never thought someone like Nick would like-like me. It just wasn't the way society worked. The time I had told him that, he'd said that he didn't care about society. As long I was happy, he was happy. His words not mine.