Chapter 1

Walt's POV

First day of junior year in high school. I rubbed my hands together. I can't believe I'm getting nerves. I'm Walt Smith: the coolest jock at Shallow Lake High. I don't get nerves. Checking my look one last time, I grabbed my backpack, and left for school. Somewhere along the way, Calista called. Calista Elizabeth James, the hottest chick at my high school: my girlfriend.

"Hello?"

"Hi babe" Ew, I hated it when she called me that. "Where are you?"

"On my way. Just left my place. Need a ride?" I smirked

"Like duh! You don't expect Shallow Lake's power couple to come separately do you? Did you like get something stuck in your brain?" She screeched. Oh god. Today was gonna be a long day.

"God Callie! It was a joke! I'm pulling up in from of your house. Get the guard to open up. I'm in my Bentley today" The gates slowly open to reveal my girlfriends expensive house and beautiful driveway. Slowly walking out of her door, Calista descended the stairs. Finally, she entered the car and kissed me. "Mhmm. Hi" she winked

"First day babe. Let's go. And so, I sped out of the driveway and into the open road.

As you should have guessed by now, we're damn rich. My family's pretty messed up. My father, Andrew Smith, owns West Coast’s largest business: Smith Enterprises. My mom Sally, well I don't want to think about that. And then there is Madeline. Dad's fiancée. She thinks she can take over my mom’s place. I'm never gonna accept her into the family. Hell no. She'll never be a part, no matter how hard Dad tries.

During the ride, Cali kept chattering on about her shopping sprees and how her dad wasn't buying her that new Porsche. During most of it, I zoned out. Humming alone to some random song, I kept nodding, pretending to listen. Honestly, I wasn't really in the mood to listen or talk. I was too busy fighting of the sinking feeling in my gut. Something big was gonna happen today.

Nathalie's POV

 "Morning Gran!"

 "Good morning Nathalie. Sleep well?" My gran asked while finishing up her breakfast.

"Yup. God. I'm so excited to see Katie, Rachel, and Liz again! I can't believe they all travelled for the summer" I joked, grabbing the cereal.

"You're not still upset right? That we couldn't afford- I mean take out time to go?" I walked over and squatted.

"Gran. I love you. I was never upset. No stupid vacation is gonna change that. Okay? I understand why we had to."

"Sometimes I forget just how much you are like your mother" the older woman replied, tears in her eyes.

"Hey! Gran! It's my first day of junior year, remember? Happy thoughts, okay." I tried. My attempts were fertile, and Gran laughed.

"Do you need a ride? I could drop you...”

“I’m okay. I'll take my bike. It's only like 15 minutes away anyways. Don't worry. I'll lock up," I smiled. She kissed me goodbye and took off for work. I sighed. Gran could be so emotional. Ever since mom died, I’ve been with her. It must be hard for her. Losing her daughter and getting stuck with her grandchild. No! I reprimanded myself. She loves you just as much as Mom did! If not more.and at least she loves you more that Dad- No. I wouldn’t think about him. Like I said to Gran: Happy thoughts. I quickly finished up my breakfast and checked if everything was switched off, and locked. Locking the door and slipping it under the stairs leading to the porch, I grabbed my bicycle and took off for school. Hopefully, nothing would go badly.

A/N: Hello again! I'm so excited, I have no idea why. If you wanna know about all those unanswered questions, its all gonna be answered in the next few chapters. Same as last time. Vote and comment! :D