Chapter 22

Chapter 22

A/N: 7 pages on Word. Guys please keep voting! WE HIT 250 OMG THANKS. Dedication to bookaholic21 for helping wiht the cast! :D

I didn’t spend New Year in Shallow Lake. I flew out to New York and spent it there with a few friends. Nat spent her time in Shallow Lake only leaving for her uncle’s place for Christmas. I didn’t spend my holiday in Shallow Lake either. Dad’s honeymoon went great and they both came back the first thing on the morning on the fifth. School would re-open in the 8th which was Monday. Snow was falling heavily. Thankfully, Nat and I were back on talking terms. There were a few things though that neither of us were willing to touch. For example, she wouldn’t ask about my so called girlfriends and I wouldn’t even mention Nick. It was our unspoken agreement. The ringing of my phone woke me up on the sixth. I had come back two days ago and exhaustion was killing me.

“Hello?”

“I’m reaching your place in fifteen. Get dressed, we’re going for pizza.” I dropped my head back into my pillow before she continued.

“If you go back to sleep, I will wake you up by throwing snow at you.”

“You can’t be serious.”

“I am very serious.”

“God Kallis, I hate you so much.”

“Fourteen minutes Walt…” I trudged out of the comfort of my bed. Peeking out the window showed that there was in fact snow. Nat could be a serious pain in the arse.

Shower and changing took a few minutes. Nat was ushered into the house just as I was walking down the stairs. Her face was slightly pink. I chuckled.

“Morning Nat.” Quick hug and I rubbed my eyes. The sun was so bright. It pained.

“It’s afternoon actually but hey.” She smiled and put her gloves back on.

“Who cares? I’ve been so tired these days…” The yawn that escaped my lips proved my point.

“How was New York?” Nat followed me into the garage. The coolest part about the garage was that it was underground. There was a way up but that was all you saw of it. Great use of space, right? Mom was a genius. Best part was that it looked really impressive when the cars pulled out. Total action movie style.

“NYC was great. Snuck into a bunch of clubs, hooked up with a bunch of people and I spent my New Year thinking about you.” I teased. She fell for it and turned red. The cold had nothing to do with it, definitely. Score 1 for Walt.

“Sure you did. Glad to hear that you had fun. Shallow Lake was as normal as ever. There was a bit of rush at work because of the holiday season and all but it wasn’t anything I couldn’t handle.”

“And your uncle’s place?”

“That was fine too. But since I was the only person from my age group, I was a bit lonely.” We reached the car and I opened the passenger door for Nat. She crossed her arms and looked up at me. 

“Would it be too much to ask if I asked you to drive?” She widened her hazel eyes and batted her eyelids. I raised an eyebrow and leaned on the door.

“You wanna drive my precious baby?” I stroked the side of the car as if it was my own kid. Nat gagged in the back before composing herself.

“Your baby huh? Well, yes I wanna drive.”

“No.” I deadpanned. There was no way she was gonna drive while I was around. Nat dropped her hands and stared open-mouthed at me.

“What? Why?!” I shrugged and walked over to my side of the car. This was my Mercedes. I trusted Nat with my life but I couldn’t let her drive.