Chapter 18

A/N: I find writing in Walt's POV easier. He's so much more lighthearted. Nat's always so serious. Oh, the beginning part thats in Nat's POV is a continuation of the last chapter. Thought I'd give this in just to give a little bit of a back for the next chapter. Walt's POV is set a few days later. Two days before the event. Enjoy :)

BTW THIS CHAPTER IS LIKE REALLY BAD AND IT'S UNEDITED OKAY SORRY IM A BAD PERSON I KNOW BLAME THE IPAD FOR SPELLING. DAMN AUTOCORRECT

Nat's POV

Dad was calling me. For no apparent reason. World apocalypse is starting everyone.

"Is something the matter? You sound stressed,"

"Even if something is, when have you ever been around to listen?"

"Ah, well dear, we all have reasons for our actions and choices." I could picture his cynical smile on the other side.

"Obviously. Is there any reason for your call? I'm busy,"

"Then give it to Taylor. I much prefer dealing with reasonably sensible people as opposed to immature and childish brats." His voice turned stone cold.

"I'm seventeen." I could hear the tremor in my voice. I'd always been afraid of the coldness in that voice.

"No. You'll turn seventeen in two weeks. Don't act all grown up."

"You sound like a parent that cares."

"I might not care-" ouch. Thanks so much for that. "-but I am a parent. Your father to be exact. So the least you can do is show respect."

"I don't have to do anything. Not for you,"

"Go over the court's predicament. Then we'll talk." I took a deep breath. I would not break down. Especially not in front of him. He'd already ruined everything. The satisfaction of making my life hell would be the icing on the cake. I got my self a glass of water and kept taking little sips.

"Last I checked, you had to read it again. Is this another one of your calls that come every six months or so?"

"Not exactly. I was hoping to meet up with you. Bonding time perhaps?"

I spit the water out, "did you just say you wanna bond with me?"

He gave me the details of when and where he wanted to meet up. Six thirty in Boston. Apparently, it was half-way between my house and his new one. I was about to say yes, the court wouldn't allow me to decline, when I realised the charity event was the same time. Shoot.

"I'm busy,"

"Too busy to see me?"

"There's an event and I'm attending that."

"Taylor didn't mention any event, the last time we talked."

"Maybe she didn't know. Can we shift it to the day? For lunch maybe?" I heard the click and tapping of an iPhone. He was probably checking his schedule.

"Lunch is good. I'll text you the details."

"Is this a new number?"

"Yes." And just like that he was gone. The line was dead. I sighed. Within minutes, my phone buzzed with a new text.

Coffee shop opposite the Boston Courthouse. 1:30. Don't be late. -Dad

I chuckled to myself dryly. Now he was Dad eh? Every time I had gotten a message from him (which was rare), it was usually his secretary. Or the once it was him who sent it to me, he addressed me as if I was some stranger. And he signed it Fredrick Kallis. Not Dad.