The Shorter Stuff

A/N: I moved the shorter stuff into this becasu I'm deleting The Antecedants. I'll be adding something new later on but for now, bye bye to that. If you've already read it, all and well. IF you haven't, tell me what you think!

Liz stood by her locker and watched the couple. They had been the talk of the town ever since the accident. She watched their movements. 

A part of Liz had always thought Nat had something for Walt. Nobody knew the real story; they just thought that Walt had fell head over heals for the girl who sat next to him in Bio. Liz knew differently. Lucas told her about their crazy past. After all the pain, Nat deserved to be happy. And Walt made her happy. Their movements were so in sync, it hurt to watch. They fit together. And together was where they belonged, Liz thought to herself. 

Her gaze drifted for a second to Lucas across the hall. He was laughing with a bunch of his team and the rest of the cheerleaders. If he had cheated on someone to get to her, what was stopping him from doing it again? The thought had only crossed Liz's mind when the bell rang. There would be other times to ponder on that. 

----------------

Nick was a two-faced piece of shit. He knew it in his heart. There were other choice words that people would call him, but he knew that they were all right. He was taking money from someone to make a girl's life happy. And what would happen when he finally broke it off? Nat was delicate. Nick knew how much she's fancied a future with Walt. And from the way Walt behaved around him, it was obvious that Walt had similar thoughts.  

He counted the fresh set of notes in his hand. If he broke her heart, his constant supply of money would stop. But he would save an innocent girl from so much emotional stress. After a lot of speculation, Nick finally decided what to do. 

He must be an idiot if he thought he'd stop the money flowing in. Nat could live with a horrible heartbreak right?

-------------------------

There had been a point in Mary's life when she thought that her and Carter would get married. Both of them were nearing the end of college, and they were blissfully happy. Then out of the blue, it was all over. One phone-call and it was all over. There were no tears at the time. Just really angry sentences. Well and a few choice curses.  

It was only when Eric found her staring at all of Carter's stuff did she finally crack. There was still no tears. She threw around his stuff and Eric helped. He fuelled her anger. She started depending on him. Walt was still a huge part of her life, sure. Eric just built his own little hut outside for himself. Things had been going great and Mary was convinced that they were on the way to a potential relationship but then Walt's beating happened. 

"What the hell were you thinking?!" She screamed at him. Everyone else involved stated at her. "You beat him up just because he showed up as a supportive boyfriend." 

"I was teaching him a lesson."  

"By breaking his nose," she crossed her arms across her chest and stared into his eyes. He looked away for a second. 

"Why are you shouting at me?" 

"Walt is my family!" She picked up the first thing on Eric's desk, a stapler, and threw it at him. He dodged it. 

"I'm sorry Mary." Eric's voice took on a level of soft which she could help but melt at. 

"Damn straight you should be."

---------------------- 

Inspiration: twins are so alike yet so different.

Katie got sick of smiling at Walt. She never like him from the start. He always seemed like the snobbish, rich boy. Well, he was rich but he had the snobbish look on his face half the time.