My New Hero

"Pop?" Peter stopped short as he saw his father standing in the doorway of their house.

"Hi Peter." The father smiled fondly at his son.

"Hey, Pete, where's my wallet?" A man called out as he was looking around the living room for something.

"Uh... in-in your room dad." Peter called back as he didn't look away from his father in the doorway.

"Peter, can I go into my house please?" The father sighed as the teen wasn't moving so he couldn't enter.

"This stopped being your house when you left us." Peter narrowed his eyes at his father.

The father gaped at that then looked behind the teen when he saw the other man standing there, looking at him, "hi Tony." He spoke softly to him.

Tony stopped short when he saw the man there, never expecting him to come back to 'their' home so he didn't know what to do. "What are you doing here Steve?" He looked at him curiously.

"Can't I come home?" Steve sighed.

"I thought you found a new one." Tony pondered, he wasn't being snippy or rude, he was being genuine because he heard that from the others.

"I did get an apartment but that was temporary." Steve waved off then took a small step and hummed when the teen moved away so he could actually step into his home again, after so long.

"What makes you think you can come back here?" Tony eyed him suspiciously.

"It is my home." Steve gestured to a photo that was of him and the teen when they were at the park last year, together, on a family trip.

Tony sighed heavily then dragged a hand down his face lightly, "yeah, you're right." He muttered to him.

"Dad, can I got Ned's?" Peter looked at the brunette.

"No Pete, we're going out, remember?" Tony looked back at the kid.

"But Dad-"

"Peter, listen to your father." Steve interrupted as he turned to the kid as well.

Both of them were taken aback by that, clearly not expecting it at all.

"What are you doing?" Tony eyed the blonde again.

"What?" Steve furrowed his brows as he was genuinely confused by the question aimed at him. "He is my son too, Tony." He reminded the billionaire.

"So what, you take family seriously now?" Peter butted in.

"Peter!" Tony gasped at that.

"I always have." Steve gave his son a stern look now that he faced him.

"Some family, you chose him over us." Peter glared at his father.

Steve stopped short at that comment then sighed heavily and tiredly, "he's my best friend. He's been my family my whole life Peter, he's been with me my whole life."

"Then why aren't you with your family?" Peter mocked.

"Peter!" Tony scolded him.

"I am." Steve deadpanned.

"I don't see him anywhere." Peter looked around dramatically, in a mockery of the blonde at that. "So where is he?" He looked back at his father now.

"He's at his apartment." Steve frowned slightly.

"Then go back to him." Peter glared.

"Peter, knock it off." Tony shoved him away as he faced the blonde now with a sigh. "Ignore him, he's-"