true love 2

"Steven, stop it!"

Bucky hit the blonde when the man kept trying to steal his drink.

"Just gimme the damn drink, Buck. I'm fine." Steve nudged with a sigh.

"Yeah, sure. You drinkin' your feelin's away always means you're fine." Bucky scoffed as he didn't buy it for a second.

"Buck, just gimme the damn drink!" Steve snapped at him with a growl.

"No."

"Hello." The waitress came back with their drinks.

Steve hummed and reached for his Whiskey but gaped when someone took it from him.

"Scott!"

"It's for your own good, Cap." Scott reasoned, then drank it and shivered from how strong it was.

"I can have one drink! I'm not gonna get drunk!" Steve groaned.

"I can't get drunk so just gimme the damn alcohol!"

"No." They snapped back at him.

Steve groaned in frustration, then slumped in his seat and flopped his head on the table.

"Just cause you're mopin' doesn't mean we're gonna cave, either." Bucky countered as he ordered a seltzer for the Captain.

"I don't want seltzer."

"Then what do you want?" Bucky sighed as he gave him a look.

"Tony." Steve mumbled with a whine and the other's softened their gazes at him instantly.

"I want Tony back."

"Steve, just... take a break for a bit." Sam nudged.

"Besides, you can see other people, too."

"I don't wanna meet other people. I want Tony back." Steve mumbled against the table.

"Thanks, ma'am." He waved a hand at the waitress when she handed him his drink.

He felt something else in his hand, then looked down to see a slip of paper with the woman's phone number and name on it.

"Here, Buck. Take her." He sighed as he gave the brunette the note.

"I don't wanna call her."

"Just at least order somethin' ta eat, punk. You haven't eaten anythin' aside from Funyons and potato chips for the last week." Bucky nudged him as he pocketed the number for later.

"I'm not hungry for anythin' aside from Funyons and potato chips." Steve whined.

"Steve, come on."

"No." Steve whined as he shoved the man's hand off his arm.

"I just... I need to get out."

"We are out. We're out eatin'."

"No, like... out. I need to get out." Steve repeated, but with more emphasis.

"What are you talkin' about?" Bucky made a face.

"He... he wants to move." Scott spoke up for the blonde.

"What?" Bucky faced him immediately.

"It's Tony, isn't it?"

"He pays for everything there. He slept in the bed. He used the kitchen. He ate at the kitchen table. He has his own lab downstairs. That huge garage is just for all of his cars, which are still there." Scott scoffed as he gestured around wildly.

"He didn't actually leave the building. His presence did, but not his essence or anything like that."

"You want to leave because... because it's almost like he's still there, isn't it?" He looked at the blonde softly.