stuck to babysit a brat

Steve didn't go into the ice and Bucky didn't fall off the train but they're both still super soldiers; this means that Howard and Maria didn't die because Bucky never became the Winter Soldier.

Hope you understand it.

_________________________________

"Heya punk, you meet with him yet?"

"With whom?" Steve made a face.

"Howard Stark." Bucky scoffed.

"He asked for ya."

"Why?"

"I think he wants ya ta babysit again." Bucky hummed.

"Oh no." Steve groaned.

"What's the matter? I thought ya liked his son?" Bucky made a face of confusion.

"When he was younger." Steve scoffed like it was obvious.

"He was tiny and sweet." He smiled at the memory of the young Stark.

"Now he's a stuck-up brat who always gets his way." He groaned.

"I swear to God, if I have to babysit his kid again, I will-"

"Hey Howard!" Bucky shouted over the blonde once he saw the engineer.

"Hey Barnes." Howard chuckled as he made a face at him.

"What's the shouting for?"

Steve gulped as he faced him and smiled at the engineer.

"Oh, ya know... just a soldier bein' loud. What's new?" Bucky smiled with a shrug.

"Anyway, I gotta go do some drills so see ya later, punk." He waved at his best friend.

"Nice seein' ya Howard." He waved at him, then headed off.

"You too!" Howard called out to him.

"Hey Howard." Steve smiled at the engineer as he internally begged everyone and everything to not watch over his bratty teen.

"I have a favor to ask of you."

"Which is?"

"Well... my son... you know he's difficult." Howard started.

"No, he's not." Steve shook his head as he was only trying to be polite but yes, the young Stark was a nightmare.

"Rogers, I know you're polite and all, but the last time you babysat him, he pulled a prank on you." Howard gave him a look.

"I still don't know how he got all those fireworks, or how many people he paid off to light them all at the same time." Howard pondered.

"But I still am sorry about your car."

Steve nodded in acknowledgment and urged him to continue on.

"Trust me, Rogers, you can say he's difficult. You can say he's a pain in the ass." Howard scoffed as he nudged him gently, making the blonde chuckle.

"Alright... he's a pain in the ass." Steve nodded.

"Thank you." Howard smirked.

"But the thing is... he sort of... I never noticed how you actually get him to do things. His homework and his chores and such." He listed.

"To be honest... I think he has a crush on you." He muttered to him while the blonde stopped short and faced him immediately.

"He quite literally sprayed my car in whipped cream and chocolate."