"First Time in New York."

"I am going to tell you the story of how I met your father." Steve smiled. 

"Are we being punished for something?" 

"No, Harley, zip it." Steve waved. 

"It sure feels like a punishment." Harley groaned. 

"Yeah, Pop, come on. Dad said we could help him with his new upgrades." 

"Peter, I'm telling a story. Not now." 

"Where was I?" Steve cleared his throat as he got back on track. 

"Oh, yes." He nodded. 

"It all started in 2012 on Aunt Laura's and Hawkeye's third year wedding anniversary." Steve reminisced. 

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

"Ya know, ever since I met them, it's always been Clint and Laura... and me." Steve waved. 

"I'm already that weird, middle-aged bachelor their kids call Uncle Steve." He sighed. 

"Sometimes Uncle Sam. Clint told them I was from World War II, and they just started learning about Uncle Sam, so now, I'm him." He groaned. 

"Punk, do you remember the first words I ever said to you?" 

"Yeah. After you dad said the word "idiot," you wouldn't stop callin' me that. I remember your mom and my mom were so mad when we got in trouble at school for callin' other kids that." Steve nodded. 

"As we got older, Steven." Bucky whacked him in the head. 

"Do not think about getting married until you're at least 30." 

"Buck, it's just that... Clint is one of the most childish and spastic guys I know, next to you, of course," Steve affirmed, "it's just that... today's their 5th wedding anniversary and I'm thinkin' about that stuff." He shrugged. 

"You need to relax. Take your mind off your troubles." Bucky nudged. 

"Which is why we're gonna play a fun little game I like to call, have ya met Steve?" 

"No, no, Buck, we're not playin'-" 

"Hi, have ya met Steve?" Bucky gestured to his friend once he saw a pretty woman. 

"Hi, I'm Steve." Steve waved. 

***********************************

"Look, I'm so happy for Clint and Laura, I really am." Steve assured, "I just couldn't imagine settling down right now." 

"So, do you think you'll ever get married?" The woman smiled. 

"Well, maybe eventually... some fall day, possibly in Central Park." Steve nodded, "simple ceremony. We'll write our own vows." 

"Band, no DJ. People will dance! I'm not gonna worry about it." He shrugged while the woman laughed. 

"Damn it, why is Clint married?" Steve groaned at the thought. 

"Sorry." He sighed as he turned to the woman when he saw her smiling. 

"Yeah, nothing hotter than a guy plannin' out his own imaginary wedding, huh?"  

"Actually, I think it's cute." The woman assured. 

"Well, you are clearly drunk." Steve nodded. 

"One more for the lady!" He called out and she laughed. 

"Hey, uh, you wanna go out some time?" 

"Oh, sorry. Carl's my boyfriend." She pointed to the bartender who was giving him a look.