i like you

layla sat with sab and karina on the sofa as emma was making tiktoks with eva and anna, "is anna and emma okay?" layla asked her friend who turned to her, "whatcha mean?"

karina asked her best friend, "like is it just me or does emma and anna not act the same around each other like they used to before i—" sab looked at layla, "well i mean.."

layla then frowns, karina looked at sab narrowing her eyes at the girl, "no, it's not your fault lay," layla looked at sab, "it's just cause they both like you," layla furrowed her eyebrows, "anna still likes me?"

karina nods her head, "of course she does, have you seen yourself?" layla half smiled at karina's compliment kissing her friend's cheek, "i don't wanna get inbetween their friendship,"

sab shakes her head, "hey.." karina rubbed layla's arm, "you're not coming inbetween their friendship-" layla frowns, "they were fine before i came into the picture,"

karina looked at her best friend, "layla stop it, they're fine," the three of them look over to emma and anna who were now talking to each other, layla clears her throat, "i'mma go upstairs, goodnight guys,"

sab frowned at karina as their best friend stands up from the couch going upstairs into her and emma's room running her fingers through her brunette hair.

—————

layla sat in the driver's seat of their rental car with anna in the passenger seat as they went to get their chick-fil-a order from the fast food restaurant.

"when i met you girl—my heart went knock, knock, knock," layla sang looking out to the road in front of her, "now them butterflies in my stomach won't stop, stop.."

anna looked at layla smiling, she loved layla's voice, she always wanted to hear layla sing, "and even though it's a struggle love is all we got, so we gonna keep keep climbin' til the mountain top,"

layla sings turning to look at anna who smiles singing along to the song with her sunglasses placed on her eyes. layla leans over taking anna's sunglasses from her face putting them onto her face smiling, "now that's much better,"

"hey! those were mine,"

layla shakes her head smiling, "no, these sunglasses are definitely mine," she said to anna not looking at the blonde headed girl instead looking at the road ahead of her.

they get to chick-fil-a coming inside the restaurant with their masks on their faces, coming to counter getting their order.

"thank you.."

anna holds the drinks in her hands, whilst layla carried the bag back to the rental car going inside the driver's seat taking off their masks.

layla starts the car up, anna putting her hand on top of layla's hand, "layla—" layla furrowed her eyebrows turning to anna, "what are you doing?"

anna takes her hand off of layla's hand, "i'm seeing emma, please don't start this again, okay? she makes me happy anna," anna nods her head letting out a breath, "okay, i'm sorry,"

layla nods her head, clearing her throat putting her phone on aux playing her playlist.

—————

layla was in emma's arms making a lovey dovey tiktok for her spam account, smiling when she feels emma kiss her cheek as everyone was either watching or making tiktoks themselves.

brad looked at the girls, "how about we go to the beach again?" layla smiles, "ooh, great idea cause i need to get my tanning on," everyone chuckles at layla's statement.

"you're already tanned girl,"

layla chuckles at brad's comment, "mhm," she just smiles taking emma's hand upstairs, "we're gonna go get ready," she said coming into their room, closing the door behind her.

layla comes to her suitcase looking through for a swimming bikini feeling emma comes behind her rubbing her shoulders, layla looks up at emma smiling.

"come here,"

layla stands back up, her hands coming to emma's arms as emma's hands come to the girl's face leaning in, their lips inches apart.

layla leans in smiling connecting her lips with emma's lips moving their lips together, layla's hands goes to emma's back bringing her body closer to hers, "mhm,"

layla pulls back from emma, "i really like you," layla said with her forehead against emma's forehead, their eyes meeting each other's, "i like you too," emma said to layla, her hands coming to layla's face.

emma starts to lean on again when someone knocks loudly onto their room door, emma moving her hands away from layla's face coming to open their room door seeing anna standing there in a over sized shirt with shorts on.

"uh, everyone's ready,"

emma nods her head, "okay, we'll be there in a second," anna half smiled, "okay," layla rubbed the back of her neck when emma closed the door as layla finds her bikini before putting it on in the bathroom.

emma takes layla's hand bringing her closer to her body smiling as her hand goes to layla's waist, "you're really pretty," layla chuckels feeling herself blush under emma's gaze.

"says you.. you're beautiful,"

layla said to emma kissing her cheek pulling away going to grab her backpack, putting her portable charger and jacket in her bag zipping it up coming out of their room.

"let's go, beautiful people!"

——————

layla runs inside their airbnb with her brunette hair down and wet from the ocean, everyone following after layla who opens the front door going to shower getting ready for dinner.

layla looks at her iphone seeing it was 5pm, layla runs her fingers through her wet brunette hair as she stands in the kitchen with her hair dripping onto the tile floor, anna coming into the kitchen, "hey,"

layla turns to anna with a smile, "hey.." seeing the blonde headed girl with her hair in a towel as she went for a quick shower at the beach.

"is karina gonna do your hair?"

anna nods her head, "yeah, she's also doing my makeup as well for her youtube video, but you can do my hair tomorrow," layla smiles at anna, "yeah, i'd like that," layla didn't know what she was doing, as she comes to anna hugging the girl in her arms.

layla lets out a breath in anna's embrace, "i miss us hanging out," anna nods her head, "me too," anna knew that layla and emma were happy with each other, so she wasn't gonna try and ruin whatever they are.

karina comes into the kitchen after her shower, with her brunette hair already dry up to her shoulders, "uh," she stops looking in between layla and anna, "hey guys,"

layla smiles coming to the fridge getting herself a water bottle, "do you want to be in the video as well, lay?" layla shakes her head, "no, it's okay, thanks though,"

she looks down to the floor seeing her hair dripping, "um.. i need to go and shower," she said smiling to her friends, walking out of the kitchen coming upstairs to her and emma's room.

opening the door, seeing emma stand in the middle of their room with only a towel wrapped around her body, her blonde hair dripping onto the floor.

layla's mouth opens at the sight of the girl she likes in front of her, "um—" emma smiles bringing layla into the room locking the door behind her.

emma kissed layla's cheek, "you're blushing," she said squishing the girl's cheek in her hands, "go and shower," she said to layla moving the girl to the shower.

"what about my clothes?"

emma smiles, "i'll pick them out," layla just shrugs, "okay.." she leans in kissing emma's lips gently pulling away seeing emma's eyes still closed, "i'll be back,"

even though she wanted emma to join her in the shower, layla couldn't have her and emma's relationship turn out like her and anna's one did. layla actually wanted to try and not ruin it, take things slow with emma not wanting to push the girl away from her.