new years eve

it was finally the day layla had been waiting for since she's been in bahamas, she spent the whole of yesterday with her best friends, occasionally kissing her girlfriend making sure anna knew she wasn't annoyed or mad.

"love, wake up,"

layla groaned with her girlfriend's weight straddling her waist, "anna, please get off of me," her stomach was hurting a bit, and she didn't know why as she put a hand to her stomach, "i feel like i'm gonna be sick,"

quickly getting out of bed, layla goes to her bathroom throwing up what she had for dinner last night, with anna rubbing her girlfriend's back holding layla's long brunette hair, "it's okay,"

layla moved away from the toilet going to the sink splashing her face and brushing her teeth, with anna watching her girlfriend's every move, "lemme get you some aspirin,"

her forehead started to throb when anna walks out of the room going towards the kitchen getting a glass of water, and some aspirin what she sees on the side of the kitchen counter, "here, take this,"

anna hands her girlfriend the water before putting the aspirin into her girlfriend's hand who throws back her head slightly to gulp down the water with the pill.

____

layla had been in bed with everyone coming in to see how the beck girl was doing, with her and anna's hotel room duvet covers pulled over her shoulders, "hey,"

markell comes into the room looking at his closest girl-friend, "what happened to you?" layla coughed making him back up a little, "do you think it's covid?"

the girl shook her head, "no, i—" layla was scared, she was waiting to spend new years with girlfriend and she wasn't going to if she had covid, and she also wouldn't be allowed to leave bahamas when she potentially has covid, "i'll go and get you a test, don't worry,"

the girl began to panic thinking about being isolated away from the people she loved most, with markell walking out of the room with anna coming to comfort her girlfriend who stops her, "don't come any closer, i-i might have covid,"

anna furrowed her eyebrows, "w-what? do you think you got it from me?" layla shook her head, "n-no, we didn't.. we didn't see each other and when we did, it was five meters apart,"

anna held layla close to her after getting layla to stop resisting her cuddles, "it's okay," she rubbed layla's arm when markell comes into the room, "i got the test—"

stopping as he sees layla's girlfriend, "hi," layla looked in between them knowing her and markell haven't met, "oh, sorry, um anna, this is markell, markell, my girlfriend anna,"

"hi,"

the two smiled at each other with markell handing the covid test to layla who takes it with some help from anna not really knowing what to do with the test, "okay, and now we wait,"

layla leaned her head back onto anna's chest, "i don't want it, i want to spend my first new years with you, i don't want to miss going into the new year without you," anna rubbed layla's arm, "you won't, i'll be here with you,"

"i love you,"
"i love you, too,"

____

luckily layla had come back negative for covid nineteen as she was feeling a bit better than this morning where she laid against anna's body with the sun shining down on her already tanned body, "hey lele,"

layla moved her sunglasses from her head onto her eyes looking around seeing anthony looking at her, "come in the pool,"

since everyone was chilling for now, as later on in the evening, they are all going for dinner and then going to watch the fireworks with everyone in the bahamas for the new year.

"okay—"

anna stopped her girlfriend, "are you sure? i mean— you don't wanna get sick again," layla leans down, her hands touching her girlfriend's toned abs, "i'm okay now, i promise,"

she leans in pecking anna's lips who smiles at her when she pulls away, "alright," she rubbed layla's arm who now moves away from her girlfriend putting her sunglasses onto anna's head coming towards the swimming pool.

"cannonball!"

layla made the biggest splash, splashing charli and anna who went back to sunbathing or at least tried to before layla cannonballed into the swimming pool, "layla!"

the girl swims up hearing her name being called, wiping at her wet face now seeing anna and charli both staring at her wet, "oops," charli playfully rolled her eyes taking off of her sunglasses from her head coming into the swimming pool splashing layla, "oops,"

markell and layla did some cheerleading in the water when the two get out seeing who can do the most tumbles between the two of them on the grass, "just to let you know,"

layla looked at her friend, "i did gymnastics for eight years, and also cheerleading in high school," markell raised an eyebrow intrigued as noah looked at them recording them both doing tumbles, "and markell wins,"

layla stopped tumbling when she felt her head feeling dizzy, she jumps when a hand comes to touch her shoulder, "you weren't bad," markell stated with layla smiling, her head spinning, "i need to uh, t-take a seat,"

anna leads her girlfriend to a sun lounger seeing layla not in focus, "hey, hey," anna's hands comes onto he girlfriend's face, "you're okay," layla's head was still spinning, "why-why is everything still spinning,"

"charli, can you get me a water bottle, please,"

noah calls out hearing what his sister coming to his sister, kneeled in front of her, "hey, it's me," layla closed her eyes, "here, here—" charli hands noah the water bottle, "lele, drink this for me,"

the girl did as her brother said after drinking some water, closing her eyes again before opening them a few seconds later feeling her head not being dizzy anymore.