jealously

layla comes back into the swimming pool coming onto the donut float, running her fingers through her brunette hair, "you okay, layla? you seem stressed," goose said coming to the girl who was on the floatie, "i don't understand anna, one second we're fine then the next second, she's gone,"

goose looked at layla, "anna has a hard time opening up to people," layla sighed, "i know— i just wished she'd open up to me," goose nods his head rubbing layla's arm, "she will, you just have to let her trust you,"

layla bites her bottom lip, "okay.." she looked at her friends who were listening into the conversation with goose.

karina comes to her best friend, "if you like anna layla, there's some things you need to know about her," layla furrowed her eyebrows, "like what? i already know she has commitment and trust issues,"

karina nods her head, "yeah there's that too, when she gets close to people like how you two are right now, she freaks out.." layla frowned, "but why? is it cause her last relationships weren't—"

karina shrugged her shoulders, "she's never told me about that, she hardly opens up to anyone layla, you just have to get her to trust you," layla nods her head, "i'm trying.. but it's hard with her,"

karina touched her friend's arm, "i know.. just don't let her slip through your fingers cause i know you'd regret it," layla nods her head coming off of the float, "okay.. i'm gonna go talk to her,"

she comes out of the swimming pool, wrapping her blue towel around her shoulders coming inside the mansion coming upstairs into her bedroom hearing the shower stop meaning anna was finish with her shower.

anna's phones then buzzed on the said girl's bed, layla leans over looking at the iphone thinking it was her iphone seeing jersey message her.

with the message 'can we talk?'

layla drops anna's iphone in her hand near her, hearing her bathroom door open, layla stands up from her king size bed looking at anna.

"can we talk?"

anna nods her head looking down to her fingers coming to the girl's bed, sitting near layla's big headboard, "um," layla said running her fingers through her wet brunette hair, "what happened back there?"

"what do you mean?"

layla looked at anna, "i mean one second we were all fine in the swimming pool, then i see you coming out of the pool, so what's up anna? did i do something?" layla asked, playing with her necklace.

anna looks at layla then down to her bracelets, "do you like him?" layla furrowed her eyebrows, "do i like who?" layla asked anna confused on what was happening, "do you like brad? cause you two seemed to be into each other down there,"

layla opens her mouth, "no anna, brad, he-he's just a friend, not even that, he's like a brother to me," she said to anna, "are you asking me this because you're jealous?"

layla said to anna who looked at her, "i'm not jealous, especially not of brad," layla held up her hands, "okay, i was just asking.." she said putting her hands down, "are we okay?"

layla asked after a few seconds of silence, anna looked at the beautiful brunette headed girl in front of her, "y-yeah, we're okay," layla lets out a breath, "whatever it is anna, you can tell me.. i won't hurt you, i'd never hurt you,"

layla said holding anna's hand in hers, "i like you too much to hurt you," anna moves her hand away from layla's hand, "o-okay um.." layla's hand comes up into her hair, "i don't know if this is because of your commitment or trust issues,"

she said standing up from her bed, "stop pushing me away, okay," layla said to anna confidently, "when you wanna talk about it, i'll just stay in karina's room or downstairs in one of the guest rooms,"

she said grabbing some clothes from her wardrobe, coming inside her bathroom closing the door behind her, sliding down with her head in her hands at what just happened with anna.

—————

karina wrapped her arms around layla's shoulders knowing what happened between her and anna due to anna texting her how something happened with her and layla.

"are you gonna stay in here tonight?"

layla looks at karina with tears in her eyes, "if it's okay," karina nods her head wrapping her arms tighter around her intern's shoulders, "yeah, it's okay, it's perfectly fine,"

she kissed the top of layla's forehead unpausing the tv show she was watching on her laptop what was on her lap.

before hearing layla's light snores after thirty minutes into her tv show, putting the volume down on her laptop seeing her room door open revealing brad.

"hey.." brad then furrowed his eyebrows seeing layla sleeping next to her, "is she okay? what happened?" he asked his best friend who frowned, "layla's taking time away from anna," she said to her best friend who half frowns, "oh so that's why i heard sniffling coming from layla's room,"

karina frowned at brad, "they both like each other, why can't anna just admit her feelings to layla?" she asked sighing, brad shrugging his shoulders, "i don't know karina,"

he said side hugging his best friend who was tired of everything happening between layla and anna, "you guys are going after tomorrow right?" brad nods his head, "yeah,"

karina nods her head, "we need a plan for anna and layla to talk to each other," brad nods his head, "tomorrow, aren't we going to topgolf?" he asked, karina nodding her head remembering what layla suggested at dinner.

"oh my god, yes,"

brad smiles, "oh this is gonna be fun," he said not wanting to wake up layla who was sleeping peacefully on karina's pillow, "who knew she was a cute sleeper,"

karina chuckled at what her best friend said, "hahahaha that's funny," brad watched as layla moves in karina's arms, backing herself into karina's warm embrace, "hmm,"

brad looked at his best friend then to layla, "was that you or layla?" he asked, karina motions down to layla with her head, "it definitely wasn't me," brad sits at the edge of layla's bed, "hopefully tomorrow will be better than today," karina said wishing everything would go to plan.