first night

layla remembered her and anna's first night when anna moved into her house, the two had been officially for a few months and anna decided to put a fort in the middle of her living room for her and layla who she knew loved blankets forts.

or when it was layla's first night at the las vegas house when she had met her girlfriend for the first time, and hangout with the new just a house girls before they decided to break from each other.

or when layla first bought her apartment with karina and decided to do something for her and anna in her new bedroom.

layla knew from the moment anna said she loved her back that their journey was gonna be painful but truly amazing and memorising at the same time.

but if you had told layla that she would of fell in love with someone after joining social media, she wouldn't of believed them especially after her long series of terrible boyfriends and one night stands but she did, and she was so lucky to call anna elizabeth shumate her girlfriend and the love of her life.

____

"when i'm working,"
"when i'm working.."

layla smiled in her producer's chair listening to her and khalid's voice go well together, layla was creating songs with artists that she could sing with them on tour and maybe have them open up for her alongside hunter.

khalid turned to layla from where he had headphones on listening to his voice through the headphones, putting his thumbs up to her making layla smile.

not looking at her iphone where she sees her girlfriend messaging her about what time layla is gonna be ready for their planned date.

but layla didn't look at her phone as she was too into khalid's singing voice to concentrate on anything other than the artist himself who was happy to be working with the also talented layla beck.

layla went into her phone not looking at her girlfriend's message going onto tiktok, going onto her snip of her and khalid's song as she records herself singing along to their song on the spiny chair.

and from behind, you could see khalid dancing slightly in the background at his voice replaying through his headphones making his voice with layla's voice.

emma still hasn't spoken to layla about the whole ignoring her thing, she thought maybe she was overthinking it knowing how busy her ex girlfriend was with producing songs with artists and her album ready for her to go on tour around the world.

zack reassured his girlfriend that she was overthinking it and that layla wouldn't intentionally ignore them if she knew what she was actually doing but everyone knew she was busy with recording her new album and songs.

____

layla comes into her apartment seeing a candle lit dinner in the middle of her living room and kitchen making her furrowed her eyebrows, "anna?" she called out looking around for her girlfriend.

she sighed running a hand through her hair putting her jacket onto her coat hanger coming further into her apartment dropping her keys onto the side of the shelf in the hallway, "bub?"

she comes further into the living room looking around, sighing when she sees her girlfriend in a nice outfit making her frown, "anna, hey," layla shook awake her girlfriend.

anna slowly started to open her blue eyes looking at her girlfriend then to the time on her phone seeing that it was 12am and their date was supposed to be at 5pm, "i missed our date, didn't i?"

layla said frowning, once she sees anna looking at her, "fuck," layla ran a hand through her hair mad at herself for missing a date with her girlfriend, seeing that anna put a lot of effort into it, "i am so sorry bubby,"

anna leaned over touching layla's cheek seeing her girlfriend starting to get upset, "i should of told them that we had a date planned," anna shook her head, "it's okay, don't worry, the food's still good,"

anna admitted, "emma and zack helped me cook dinner," layla frowned, "bub, have you been ignoring emma?" layla makes a face to her girlfriend, "no, well i meant, i don't think so.. not intentionally, why does she think i am?"

layla frowned when anna nods her head, "but it's okay, she's gonna come around with everyone tomorrow," layla nods her head, "good, tomorrow my off day," anna half smiled, "that's good then,"

she leaned in kissing layla's cheek who smiled feeling anna's lips touch her cheek, "i love you, you know that? and i love everything that you do for me," she said looking at her girlfriend's blue eyes, "even if i don't show it,"

anna looked back into her girlfriend's eyes, "hey, i know you've been busy with fashion week and now your album, it's okay," she said rubbing her hand over her girlfriend's knuckles, "i know that you're trying,"

layla stands up, "come on, let's go and have that date now," anna furrowed her eyebrows, "bub, it's twelve am," layla shrugged her shoulders, "time has never stopped us before,"

anna takes her girlfriend's hand making layla smile leading them over to the candle lit dinner, taking the dish protector from their plates, "mmm, that smells so good,"

"so how was your day?"

layla shook her head, "enough about me, how was your day?" she asked her girlfriend who smiled holding onto her tanned hand, "i went to target this morning and got ingredients and decorations for our date and also went to the store to get pluto food,"

layla turned her head seeing her dogs eating, "don't worry, they have eaten, i put more food there before i fell asleep," layla nods her head.

she knew she shouldn't have dogs because of busy she's becoming with her upcoming tour and photoshoots and collars around places, but when she was home, she loved the company her puppies and dog gave her.

it felt like she was back at home with her dogs who never left her bedroom always stayed whenever she was in her bedroom, "so, where are you spending your christmas?" layla asked her girlfriend, "i think i am gonna go home,"

layla nods her head to what anna was saying, "i think i'm gonna go home too," she stated, "but for new years we'll be together," anna nods her head, "of course, if you haven't got anything planned for then,"

layla chuckled, "i'll book you in ms shumate," anna chuckled playfully rolling her blue eyes at her girlfriend, "i don't know if noah and that lot are going to the bahamas for new years, it'd be fun going there for new years,"

anna hummed, "yeah, it would be," anna and layla both wanted to spend new years in different places and christmas also in different places which wasn't gonna be good for them to be separated from each other on the two out of three most important days ever.

what do you think will happen? will they sort it out to be together? or will they spend new years and christmas all alone without each other? stay tuned ;)