friends don't look at friends that way

layla sat in her passenger seat of her tesla with karina in the passenger seat with maddie ziegler, kenzie, eddie and kenzie's boyfriend tacoda sat in the backseats with her new song playing on the radio.

"said that it was just never gonna happen, then almost kissed me in the dark, every time we talk it just hurts so bad, cause i don't even know what we are.."

layla made this song when her and anna were talking  bear valentine's days where jersey ruined it for them, maddie looked at layla who sat in the driver's seat with sunglasses on her face covering her blue-green eyes.

"okay," layla looked at them through the rearview mirror, turning down her music, "my friends are meeting us at this breakfast place we like," she said to maddie, kenzie, eddie and tacoda who nod their heads, "alright,"

she pulls into the breakfast place seeing zack, sab, cooper and emma already sitting at a long breakfast table, the four of them smiled when they see their best friend coming out of the car first.

sab slightly frowned seeing karina who she hadn't seen ever since her and anna stopped being friends, "hey," everyone introduced themselves to each other with layla smiling at the interaction.

as they sat down and ordered, zack looked to maddie, "so maddie, how was it filming with layla?" maddie looked at where layla sat at the end of the table, "fun, she's a fun person to be around,"

cooper and sab nod their heads, "did you like her kissing?" cooper questioned with sab hitting her boyfriend's arm, "what, it's just a question," maddie's cheeks flushed, "um, i think she's a good kisser,"

layla noticed how uncomfortable eddie was getting on the topic matter, "anyways," she cleared the awkwardness, "what are we doing afterwards? i'm thinking bowling?"

she asked everyone smiling when she see everyone nodding their heads, happy to see karina and sab talking to each other, "alright,"

she ate her breakfast what was pancakes with blueberries on top of the stacked pancakes, layla missed having her girlfriend's pancakes liking anna's pancakes better than anyone else's pancakes.

her and everyone else paid for their own food with maddie wanting to half layla and her food together, but paid separately at the till drinking the last bit of her refillable water.

____

layla smiles seeing her name in second place with eddie, maddie's boyfriend six points ahead of her, she didn't know if her and eddie were okay since the said boy was being awkward around her and slightly avoiding her.

karina rubbed her friend's arm seeing how eddie was avoiding her as she went up to him but eddie started to talk to sab, cooper and tacoda, "hey, it's his loss,"

layla nods her head even though she was kinda upset since she didn't know what happened between them as they were good before breakfast.

she feels her phone vibrate seeing her girlfriend messaging her, since anna has had covid, she's been getting up later since she couldn't really do anything other than make tiktoks and play twitch and stream at home with fred who also had covid.

bubby 🤍: good morning bub
- bubba 👀: good morning sexy ;)

she messaged that back to her girlfriend knowing anna would smile after seeing that message, even though layla was thinking about how she's going home to arizona in a day's time with noah for christmas.

it was a tradition the two beck twins would always do, spending christmas with their parents like when noah and layla came to los angeles in 2020, they both came back home for the holidays wanting to spend it with their family.

and it's a tradition that layla will always follow as she loved spending christmas with her loved ones even though she knew most of her friends were staying in los angeles rather than going home for the christmas holidays.

"i won! i won!"

eddie raised his arms in the air proud of himself as layla came second place when she sees maddie's name seeing the girl's number being the lowest, "and maddie came last,"

everyone chuckled as maddie playfully rolled her eyes at everyone, she just smiled when she sees layla just shaking her head at her with a smile on the girl's lips.

"of course she did,"