chaotic

it's day two of coachella and layla was in her airbnb room with her keyboard in front of her, since the passing of her high school best friend, she's been in her room not going out of the airbnb bedroom door.

anna knew her girlfriend was writing songs since that was a way of her coping with what's happening, so many things ram through layla's mind.

with her upcoming tour, to her high school best friend's parents texting her to tell her when the funeral is. everything was overwhelming for layla but music helped her.

music was her top coping mechanism ever since she was a kid, she'd always listen to her favourite artists whenever she was upset especially after her and anna first broke up, music was the one to help her cope with what had happened.

anna was also very helpful, with her helping her girlfriend whenever layla would start to feel guilty and upset about her school best friend, anna knew that if she wasn't there, layla would've broken down on the airbnb floor.

____

"hey,"

layla looked at all of her friends who were all ready for day two of coachella, she felt bad knowing that her friends wanted to go to the festival but something inside of her didn't want her to go to the festival, "love,"

her attention drifted away from her thoughts looking at her girlfriend who held her hands in hers, anna's thumb rubbing over her skin, "are you okay?" layla's lips started to quiver, where she shook her head with anna frowning.

anna immediately bought her girlfriend's head into her chest knowing layla was going to start crying, "it's okay, it's okay," she rubbed her girlfriend's back, "do you not want to go?" layla pulled her head back, looking at anna with teary eyes, "i-i do but i feel bad,"

cooper looked at his friend, "she'd want you to not mope around all day about her death, lele, she'd want you to live your life like she wanted you to," layla nods her head, wiping at her fallen tears half smiling at her male best friend, "thank u,"

cooper half smiled knowing that his friend didn't know how to grieve over the death of her friend and that was okay, but right now, his only thought was to get his friend's mind off that, "go and get changed, we'll be waiting,"

"o-okay,"

layla started to go upstairs starting to ready for her day two coachella outfit, looking at her red eyes in the mirror, she filmed a tiktok video of her getting ready after putting some makeup on to hide the fact that she was crying before posting the grwm tiktok on her main account.

"i'm ready,"

____

coachella was something that layla had always wanted to come to. even when she was living back in arizona, she'd always look at videos of her favourite influencers at the time going to the festival what seemed like so much fun.

and she was correct. coachella was the best festival she'd ever been to.

anna's arms wrapped around her girlfriend's waist listening to giveon sing his songs on stage, layla filmed some bits of her dancing with everyone in her friend group.

as they met up with charli, avani, anthony, noah and dixie at the start, she even filmed when anthony let her go onto his shoulders when flume sang their songs on stage even though she didn't know half of the songs, she still sang her heart out.

noah, anna and cooper all smiled knowing how much pain she was going through after the death of her school best friend's death, noah knew about after hearing it from his mom who was also close to elizabeth's mother.