Partners

"Next order of business. I think we'll need some updates for this school. This school has been like this from 2021! And that is more then 20 years ago!" Emma exclaimed. " So together we can turn this place into a way better school! Who is with me? " Emma put her hand out, and four other people put their hand on her hand. Except for Ray, who mumbled "I don't even know how I got picked for this..." 

 "For this to happen, we will need everyone to work on parts of the school, like the library, the playground and the cafeteria. We could even have prom! " Emma suggested. "We could assign everyone pairs or partners." Gilda added. " Yeah! " Anna agreed. 

"Ray and Anna, you both shall work on the library, Phil and Sherry will work on the playground and Gilda and I will work things out here, Kapish?" Emma asked. "Why me with her?" Ray pointed at Anna. Anna looked at her feet. " Cuz you both love the library! " Emma said. "I wanna be partner's with Norman." Sherry cried "Kapoosh, Yes Emma Madam! " Phil saluted Emma by secretly inside he wanted to be partners with Emma.

As Ray and Anna walked over to the library, she felt shy. Anna didn't know how to approach Ray, although they had met in the library countless times. They didn't have much interactions or conversations, but Anna really thought Ray saw her as a nuisance or annoying. She thought she may greet him like all his peers do. "What's up homie?" She mumbled under her breathe. "What did you say?" Ray asked ."N-nothing!! So what do you want to start on? " Anna said covering her face with a book. Then Ray took the book out of her hand, and leaned in very close to Anna's nose that she became red. Then he flicked her forehead with his fingers, "Let's start with improvements. Maybe some modern books supply?" Ray asked, walking away as if nothing happened. But Anna kept on rubbing her forehead.

Meanwhile back in the Principal's Office, Emma and Gilda stayed. They were making a poster to advertise a survey they were gonna do to find more updates. But Gilda couldn't think straight. All her feelings were a mess and her face was constantly red these days when ever she was around two people alone, Emma and Don. Emma was a great friend, but Gilda felt something else when she was with her. Was it Love? But when Gilda looked at Don, she smiled and wanted to hug him tightly, he was always there for Gilda, but she didn't know this feeling either. 

 "Gilda, pass me the scissors please." As Gilda have it to Emma, their hands touched. And Gilda jumped, blushing. "What's wrong Gilda? " Emma asked. "N-nothing..." Gilda was about to turn around and leave when Emma clasped her hands and held them tight. "Don't worry, I know your flustered about all this new stuff with the student council, but don't care about the pressure I'll carry that on my shoulders not you, okay?" Emma thought Gilda was pressurized but really Gilda didn't mean that. Then Emma hugged Gilda and patted her on the back "Were best friends." Emma whispered and Gilda became flustered and kicked her away. " That's not all I want to be to you! " Gilda started crying and started running away. She didn't know what else to do.

Her feet sprinted across the halls, and soon she bumped into Don and Norman. And then she blushed looking at Don. "What's wrong Gilda?" Don asked offering his hand. Gilda also noticed her bag was on his shoulder. Gilda grabbed it and lunged her self to the exit of class, and ran away. " Huh? " Don asked feeling confused.

"Do you like her?" Norman asked. Don shivered, " What made you think of that? " Don asked. "I dunno, but you guys seem like what Ray would call a cute couple." Norman replied. " N-no, that could never happen. Gilda likes someone else so I have no chance. " Don whispered. "But it may help confessing to her." Norman replied. " Says the one who hasn't confessed to their crush either! " Don said. "You should really tell Emma some time soon or Ray probably will." Don said under his breathe. "What do you mean?" Norman asked. "It's obvious, Ray probably likes Emma because if he didn't why did he do the student council Program? If Emma wasn't there he would have dropped out." Don said. "He was probably keeping Emma company, you know?" Norman said. "They might of kissed too..." Don mumbled. Then Norman pulled Don's shoulders aside. "Tell me that's just a joke!" Norman's eyes delated, and his heart beat ran.

 "Heyo, have you guys seen Gilda? I can't find her. " Emma popped out of nowhere. "Oh yeah, she ran outside. But school hasn't ended yet so she is probably somewhere around the campus, maybe check with Anna and Ray?" Don answered. " Oh and what's the joke about? I love jokes. " Emma asked. "Why did the chicken cross the road." Norman lied. But even though he hasn't finished the joke Emma laughed anyway. "That is a classic." She laughed.

                                                  °°°

At the playground Sherry and Phil sat beside each other in a bench, think of what improvements they should suggest. "Maybe a swing? This one's kinda old." Phil said, standing up and holding the bar of the old swing."Okay." 

Sherry touched the old swing, and she tried to get on it. So Phil decided to help her, and as Phil started to get her on, their hands interlocked. Sherry blushed and so did Phil, but then Sherry shouted "Cooties" and removed her hands immediately let go. "I only like Emma anyway, so I don't care." Phil mumbled. "Well I only like Norman." Sherry mumbled back. " Sherry! Phil! What are you doing? " Jemima and a few other kids asked. "Did you know on the weekend I'm getting a camera? Pretty cool right?" Jemima continued.

                                                     °°°

Back at the library, things had gone quiet as Anna had checked on her phone to see and book foundations the school could sign up for. "Find anything? " Ray asked in his rather boring voice. "Err, no..." Anna said. "Let's meet up on the weekends to figure this out. Maybe at yours? " Ray suggested. "Um, fine by me." Anna awkwardly replied. 'Things were so awkward' Anna thought. 'But did that mean, Ray was asking me out? Wait...if it's at my house then it isn't a date. Too bad. But I'll need to prepare!!' 

 .....

"Anna your cute! Very cute." Ray said out of nowhere. And somehow he had muscles and flexed them constantly. "Can we crash at yours for a romantic date?" Ray asked. " Of course. "Anna replied. And then Ray walked over and was about to give her a kiss.

.....

 "Anna? Anna?" The real Ray who wasn't in a dream, woke her up. Anna must have daydreamed to sleep! She was rapped with a blanket, and Ray was in front of her looking at her in the eyes. His face was so close, and his lips seemed even closer. "Are you okay, you seem very red faced?" Ray asked flicking her forehead again. "It's nothing." Anna replied. 

But then Emma had arrived, and looked through the window and to her it seemed like Ray and Anna had just kissed, because their heads were so close. Emma squeezed her chest. 'Are they dating, if so why didn't they tell me? Why isn't anyone telling me anything? Do they not trust me? " Emma dug her face in her shirt.

                                                    °°°

And soon the weekend came... 

But you can only read a snippet of the next chapter if you star this story and follow for more!!

Starred🌟✔

Following😇✔

Okay it's all done

Next Chapter Sneak Peak: This Weekend.

Anna was panicking, Ray should be there in ten minutes and she wasn't ready. She hadn't even showered! She hopped in the bath tub naked. After washing her self, she put on a t-shirt and some shorts and tied her hair up. Unfortunately her house was a mess! 

Meanwhile, Don had thought about what Norman had said. "But it may help confessing..." He hadn't seen Gilda since the day she was crying and he had decided to confess to Gilda, whether she didn't feel the same way or not. But he didn't know how to bring it up. And was honestly too scared to say anything. But they lived close, so he said he would go to her house instead.