Preparations

Preparations for Prom were going through and the school was still very busy although it was a Saturday. Gilda and Ray had helped out with boxes and candles (they thought it would be good to keep it warm as well but they weren't lighting up any candles yet) while Anna and Sherry tried to come up with a creative but inticing name for Prom. "Why don't we just call it Grace Field's Grand Prom?" Sherry suggested. "That would be copying Goldy Pond. Last year they named theirs Goldy Pond's Grand Prom. Besides it has the theme Ice Queen right? It should be related to that somehow..." Anna explained. Then someone put their hands on her shoulder. "Why don't you just call it Winter wonderland?" it was Ray Anna flinched and knocked his hand off of her. "We can figure it out on our own, thank you, bye!" Anna packed up her stuff and left, she was planning to avoid Ray. "Cousin?" Christie dragged at Ray's short. "Christie! You came to visit me at school?" Ray asked as he hugged his cousin. Christie was the same age as Phil and he regularly moved back and forth.

°°°

Norman who wasn't in the student council, lay in his bed. "Norman! I've got something to tell you!" His Mother shouted. "I'll be right there!" Norman replied and coughed as getting out of bed. He walked into the living room and there was his Mother. She sat anxiously with a piece of paper, and there also was Norman's Grandmother who had lived with Norman and his family when they resided at the beach. "Oh hey Gran! How come you didn't tell me you were coming?" Norman smiled, he stood and felt a bit dizzy. For some unknown reason, his Mother shedded a tear and didn't answer. "Norman...how are you feeling?" His Mother asked. "Okay, I guess. I still have a mild fever but that's probably because of the weather." Norman smiled. His Mother glanced at the paper she held. "What's that? A letter from the doctor?" Norman came closer to look at it. "Norman, your sickness this isn't because of the weather...you have been diagnosed." His Mother said quietly. "With what? A cold? A fever? What could it be?" Norman stood watching his Mother carefully.

Then his Mother read out what was on the page, and Norman stood in terror. But then he say back down and smiled for a few seconds. "How did I become so sick? I don't feel that way..." Norman whispered and then coughed. "It's not your fault." His Mother patted him on the back. Norman tried to act normal, but was he really felt sad inside, would be be able to see Emma and Ray in the future? Would be be able to grow up with them? His Grandmother came over to give him a hug, "I really needed that." He whispered. Then he felt his head pound in pain. "Argh!" He exclaimed putting his hand to his head. "He's having a seizure, the Doctors told us this could happen right?" His Grandmother asked. The pain increased and Norman shook his head but then it all dispersed and his head felt free again. "Take a rest Norman, you need one." His Mother stood up and stroked his white hair.

What was going to happen to Norman?

°°°

"Guys I have volleyball practice so I'll be back in a bit, we agreed that the name is called Winter wonderland right? We should stick up banners and place them around the Stadium!" Emma suggested. "Okay Emma, have a nice time playing Volleyball! Don't worry about us!" Gilda waved. "Yup, as Vice President I'll make sure everyone is focused and we'll achieve our goal." Paula grinned. "Glad I can count on you guys!" Emma waved.

She met her team outside in the snow. "It's incredible to play volleyball in this thick snow but I'm glad you guys all showed up!" Sonya the team captain smiled. "Ah Emma our best team player, your just ten seconds late, make sure to have your game face on!" Sonya jumped and smiled. Sonya was as optimistic as Emma but she and her barely interacted except for Volleyball lessons although they were in the same class.

'I've been having strange dreams lately about Norman...and I never dream about him..my dream reminded me of when we first met or something...' Emma thought while taking a sip of water, she did a few stretches later and then got ready to play.
...

"Emma, Pass!" Sonya in Emma's class shouted. "Oh yeah!" Emma held the ball in her hand for more than a minute, before throwing it up and Sonya received it. After the volleyball game, Sonya asked Emma if she was okay. "You have been kinda out of it lately." Sonya patted her shoulder. "Don't worry Sonya, I was just thinking of the preparations for prom." Emma lied. She was actually thinking about something else. Or someone else. "Anyways, Jessica is waiting for me so see you in the next match!" Sonya waved and left and so did Emma.

°°°
Don sat down beside Hayato and sighed. Once again the boys had met up but in a cat cafe because Zack had said it was very soothing, even with his condition Norman tagged along too. Ray refused to go because he still had stuff to be done. "What's up single boys?" Hayato asked. "You forget that Oliver is dating Paula now." Zack said. "Oliver you didn't tell me." Norman looked incredulously at him. "That's the thing, we haven't made it official so..." Oliver smiled. "Uh huh, anyway. As you guys all know, Prom is coming up. And since we're all single, we could go as a group of boys. It makes sense." Hayato prompted while hugging a cat. "Does it though?" Norman asked. "Oh so your planning to invite Emma am I right?" Hayato asked. "N-no!" Norman shook his head. "Norman doesn't have the guts." Don rubbed his head off of a cat. "I don't think these cats like me." Oliver looked at one that locked eyes with him. "I love cats, Ray should have came too, I heard he got a cat a few weeks ago." Zack said. 'I didn't know that...' Norman thought. 'I guess it's because we haven't talked in a while. I should probably apologise to him today before it's too late.' He continued. "Aye Norman, if you were a girl, what would you like as a response to a love letter?" Hayato asked. "I'm not exactly sure... why do you ask?" Norman replied. "Zack still hasn't replied to Violet..." Oliver said. "Oh yeah, I heard about your letter from Violet." Norman smiled. "She's been acting so weird...but one thing's sure, I DON'T LIKE HER. She bullied me for like three years, I'm traumatised." Zack stated looking at his mug of coffee.

The boys continued gossiping for the rest of the hour.

°°°
Anna sat down on her bed feeling rather tired. She had came back early to help her parents out with stuff at home."We prepared a lot for prom, so I am happy tomorrow's a Sunday. Finally I can rest." Anna lay on her bed. Then she heard a buzz in her phone. "Ray's calling me, why am I not surprised..." She didn't answer the phone. Then she stuffed her pillow in her face. But Ray kept on calling. So she had no choice to answer. "Hello..." She whispered. "What...?" Her hand shook as she held the phone. "Hang on! I'm coming!" She assured him while getting her bag on and leaving the house.

 "Hang on! I'm coming!" She assured him while getting her bag on and leaving the house

The Fire.
Everyone was out. At least that was what he thought. Until he realised one person wasn't there... "Christie? Where are you?" Ray shouted. The smoke was toxic. "Christie!" Ray shouted running towards the fire.