New Year Kiss

New Year's day had arrived. Many were hoping for a new start, or a new hobbie or just really anything new. Emma on the other hand, wanted everything to be normal again and never change. She wanted to be best friends with Norman and Ray without any feelings involved except for friendship. She wanted to have no Drama between her other friends too. But if that were to happen what would be the point in this very book? Emma wanted nothing to change. But everything had already changed.

In New Year's for Grace Field, they celebrate with a scary looking demon float and people gather to watch the celebration. Legend has it that children used to be fed to demons before three children stopped the tradition and in New Year's they celebrate about how the demons are no more. Norman was looking forward to it because this time he was included in the main event, he would dance with a mask of a demon on. He had practised for it for weeks too.

Everyone was getting their traditional kimonos ready!

Emma's Dad had prepared a special kimono for Emma. Her's had orange flowers with a white silky smooth fabric. It was what her Mother wore when they met on New Year's Day. "Its a bit big." Emma said as she came out of the dressing room. "But it looks perfect!" Her dad smiled. her hands could barely fit through the sleeves and as she was walking to the New Year's Grace Field Festival, she almost tripped. But someone caught her. "Emma, you came early." Norman waved he was in his own kimono that has blue all over but as the fire works flew in the sky his kimono sparkled. Ray also had came. His Kimono was navy and dark. It had one flower on it but it was just yellow. "Yo." He said as he arrived. "Do you think the others will accept my apology?" Emma asked. "You don't need to apologise Emma." Ray said in a bored voice. "But if you feel like it you can!" Norman started swaying his hands around in the kimono.

Emma looked at Norman in his kimono. "I can't spend too much time with you guys because I'm the main event so I have to be going." He smiled and patted Ray on the shoulder. "So your going." Ray replied. "Yes, take care of Emma for me. We'll meet up again!" Norman waved goodbye. As Emma and Ray started walking into the big festival with many to eat, trade and buy, Ray brought up the topic. "So Emma," he said quietly. "Yeah Ray?" Emma asked. "...Do you like Norman?" Ray asked. Emma was quiet for a while. "Do you want some mochi? I am hungry for some moch-" Emma started going towards a stand that sold mochi, but Ray grabbed her hand. "Don't change the topic Emma. You should confess your feelings." Ray held her hands. "Well you haven't confessed your own feelings so you can't really say much." Emma dragged her hand out of his grip. "Emma, I like someone but-" Ray started. "Why did you kiss me that day?!" Emma asked. "Well..." Ray didn't know how to answer. "You like Anna so why did you kiss me?!" Emma shouted but she wasn't looking at Ray. "I-" Ray started once again. "Hey guys." Oliver out up his hand. "Where's Norman?" Paula was beside him and both of them were in a kimono. Matching ones. "He's preforming." Emma answered under her breath. "Oh, well we wanted to apologise for our absence yesterday. Your activity was very fun and I really liked it Emma. Please don't take Hayato's words and actions the wrong way." Oliver apologised. "There's no need! I'm just glad everyone's coming to the festival you know!" Emma turned around with a smile on her face. 'That smile isn't natural... Emma isn't happy. What's wrong?' Ray thought as he observed her face.

°°°

More and more people showed up to the festival. Anna went on her own actually because Gillian went with Nigel, Paula was with Oliver, Violet was actually serving the stands, and Ayshe wasn't going. Although she had called her parents to come meet her there. "It would've made it awkward anyway." Anna said in a quiet voice. "Anna! I haven't talked to you in ages. Love the kimono. But I think pink matches you more." Nat popped out. "Oh Nat, nice to see you too." Anna smiled. "So how you doing?" Nat asked. "I'm-" before Anna could answer Nat carried on. "Let me catch you up on all the tea I've gathered." Nat started. "It's hot. And juicy." Nat said randomly sipping a cup of tea. "Oh yeah did you see my new look? It's gorgeous isn't it? I know honey. You don't have to tell me I'm handsome." Nat brushed his hair and Anna giggled. "You never change Nat." She said.