Close

Norman's POV
Emma's face crept closer, and it made me wonder if she really wanted to kiss me. My face  was red, I could feel it, why did Emma not feel embarrassed? I had actually a lot of questions. If Ray and Emma are dating then why did he make me dance with Emma? Why is Emma so comfortable with me kissing her? But everyone else was looking and I can't just stand there.

Maybe after this kiss she would fall in love with me...What am I  thinking? Under my condition, I may not be able to see Emma again. So should I just kiss her? I wanted to do that in the supermarket, why am I so scared now?

Emma's POV
Norman doesn't look scared at all, he seems perfectly fine with kissing me. I don't know why but it seemed like everything was in slow motion. Although I was the one to lean in, Norman seemed to go  closer  too. And I was thinking, does Norman want this? He probably wants to kiss the girl he's had a crush on since childhood, not me. Norman keeps his emotions to himself and is very calm, so I don't think he's freaking out. I think he's reluctant, but he'll do it anyway. Having a crush is horrible. Especially when you can't tell the person you like. But maybe after we kiss, I can move on...

He was so close now, our lips were even closer. I don't know what to think. Until the entrance to the Community centre burst open. My Dad was there. "EMMA! CAROLINE IS MISSING!" Dad shouts across the hall. I let go of Norman's hand and run off the stage to my Dad. "I can't find her! She's not in the house or day care!" He panicked. 'Carol...where could you be?' I thought, my heart racing as we ran outside in the snow. Back at the stage I could hear Norman shout my name, but I didn't try running back.
I need to find Carol, that was all I was thinking about.

Narrator
Norman stood at the stage on his own with his crown. "If you really love her, go after her!" One man in the crowd shouted. "Yeah!" Leslie said. So Norman ran  off the stage and started running towards Emma. Then Ray thought for a second, 'If you really love her...', he looked at Anna's shoe. Then he started running to the exit as well. "Where are you going Ray? Isabella will be worried if you don't come home with me." Leslie stated but Ray just ran off.

Norman was already down the street, possibly three meters and eighteen centimetres away from Emma. Which wasn't too far. But Norman felt really tired. He coughed and tried to catch up to Emma. "Emma..." Rubbing his mouth, he sat down and closed his eyes. "Norman! Why am I finding so much unconscious boys today." It was Gilda. She put her scarf around his neck and then  rapped his  arm around her neck. Norman woke up. "It's so cold." Gilda blew at her hand. "There's Emma up the road... She seems like she's in a hurry. We're you chasing after her?" Gilda asked. "N-no." Norman whispered while he was awake. Norman looked at Gilda and Gilda looked at Norman straight in the eyes. "You better not kiss me!" Gilda remembered what happened only thirty minutes ago. "Why would I do that?" Norman said in a low voice. "Your right, no one would like to kiss me. I don't even know why Don did that..." Gilda whispered, looking at her feet."I mean! I would like to kiss you- actually, uhh that's not what I meant either! Wait - Don kissed you?" Norman seemed a bit confused and tired. "Yeah...But he doesn't remember it, I think he was so tired, he was looking for me." Gilda said. "I've never been kissed before." Gilda and Norman both whispered at the same time. "Well, I have. But I didn't kiss him back." Gilda added. "Same, but that was for the play." Norman said. They both looked at each other and blushed. "Have you ever been close to kissing Emma?" Gilda asked. "So many times, I don't think I can count." Norman laughed. "Oh..." Gilda replied. "I was supposed to kiss her today. But apparently, Caroline has gone missing..." Norman informed her. "I don't think I'm good at kissing anyway." he murmured. "Me either." Gilda said as they reached Norman's house."T-thanks Gilda, I feel a bit better." Norman whispered and Gilda noticed that Norman's eyes glowed in the dark like a  bioluminescence animal's would. "Could I...? I know it seemed like I didn't want to do it earlier but thank you once again." Norman smiled and kissed Gilda on the cheek.
Gilda went red and screamed inside. Norman wasn't her type, but just getting kissed is a bit deal.