Nervous.

Months had past from the New Years celebration. It  was already Spring as the seasons were going way quicker. After the celebration and dance all had been really weird between Emma and Norman. Norman was too nervous and so was Emma. They'd only say hellos, and when they did talk to each other it was when Ray was there. Somehow, Ray had noticed the less talkative duo, and decided to question them after school.

"What's wrong with you guys, it's been oddly quiet between the both of you." Ray pointed out. "What do you mean?" Norman asked scratching his head. Norman's seizures had reduced and medication was really effective.  "You know what I'm talking about!" Ray put his hand to his chest. "I've just been really busy with volleyball practice, and student council! So I've had a lot on my mind." Emma lied. "Same, busy with homework, and I've been running errands for school you know?" Norman asked. Then a short girl walked up to Norman. "P-please be my um, valentine!" The girl bowed her head and stretched out her hand with a Valentine letter. "Why thank you." Norman accepted calmly and smiled. "I'm delighted to be one of your candidates for Valentine's day, but I'm currently interested in someone else and would have to decline...but I am sure you will find someone and you'll be the luckiest girl in the world. Thank you once again..." Norman tried not to be mean, or say anything wrong. The girl started crying and Ray shook his head. "I'm sorry!" Norman started to feel really bad. But Emma felt somewhat jealous, 'Norman gets a lot of girls. He probably likes one of them...' She thought.

"Well, (coughs) before that interruption emerged, I've noticed some strange activity around you  guys..." Ray said. "Don't worry Ray. Look there's a cherry blossom tree." Emma pointed. "Just last week it was planted. It's already that big?" Norman said. "No that was planted two months ago." Emma corrected him. It was their first time talking in ages. "The weeks are going so fast." Norman said. "I agree, by the end of this year I'm pretty sure one of the girls who offered for you to be their Valentine will be your girlfriend by the end of the year." Emma stated under her breath. Norman started laughing, he didn't really know if it was supposed to  be a joke though. " At least theyre talking. " Ray spotted.

Don chewed on his chewing gum trying to study, and then his door opened. "Oh Gilda is that you? Your like 20 minutes early!" Don exclaimed. "W-well I had to be early. If I wasn't then we wouldn't get stuff done and we'd chat. In a few days school will be ending and we will have Summer Exams." Gilda came in and took a seat beside him. "Why do we even need to start studying its Spring." Don said. "You were the one who texted me that it was urgent studying action because your grades are horrible." Gilda replied. "Hey...! I mean it is kinda true but you don't have to sugar coat it. Oh yeah could you pass me the cup of water? " Don asked. "Three Letters: D. I. Y. (Do it yourself)" Gilda said. "What does that even stand for?" Don asked. "We were learning anagrams in school just yesterday why did you forget!?" Gilda started poking him. "Your such a nerd, who remembers what anagrams mean? They sound like socks." Don laughed. "I'm not a nerd! Your a nerd!" Gilda shouted and started writing down on her note book.

"Says the one who's writing down the meaning of π and random  calculus equations, when we don't even need to know that. And besides if I was a nerd, why would I call you here?" Don asked and Gilda didn't really know what to say."You guys fight like an old couple." Phil rubbed his eyes. "Phil! I didn't know you were here!" Gilda turned around. "Hi Gilda..." He mumbled. Phil was really tired, and sleepy. "What's wrong Phil?" Don asked. "Nothing I just want to sleep." Phil flopped on the chair and fell asleep. "I've never seen him this worn out, I wonder what's wrong?" Don whispered. "Do you think what he said is true? Are we like a couple?" Gilda asked looking at Don's hair. For a moment it was quiet. "He also said old don't forget that. I'm pretty sure he was just talking about how you act like a Mom 24/7." Don giggled. "No, he wasn't! I was having a sentimental moment right there! " Gilda slapped Don's head. "Ow, let me guess your new years resolution was to get better at hitting Don on the head. You've achieved your goul... " Don rubbed his head. "I didn't mean to hit you that hard." Gilda said. "What were you thinking about?" Don asked. "What do you mean?" Gilda replied.  "What were you thinking about in that sentimental moment?"  Don asked slower. "Possibilities...of me ever being in a relationship." Gilda answered. "That's never going to happen!" Don slapped Gilda's shoulder. "Hey! That's not true! One day I'll find a prince charming a knight that will protect me at all causts." Gilda dreamed. "In your dreams!" Don started to laugh as he wrote down his notes. "Do you really mean it?" Gilda asked in a tiny voice. "I  was only joking...besides... " Don stood up not facing Gilda. "Besides what?"  Gilda asked. "...I-i can protect you." Don turned around and smiled at Gilda. And Gilda went really red. "Are you guys filming a Romcom or something? I can help you film it if you want. Jemima has a camera." Phil had woken up. "A-about that..." Gilda brought up the topic.

°°°

Anna was a fan of spring the flowers would blossom and the birds would sit on her windowsill singing a lovely song. That's why she suggested to bring up the gardening club. She only had three members but it was better than none. It went on after school at 4:25 to be precise, and the three members would meet up at the garden patches of the back of the school. The three members were Anna, Mark and Maya. But today there were new members. "Hi! I and Ray would like to join the club please." Zack stood with Ray behind him. "Oh. Um well...sure. Get a packet of seeds and help your selves." Anna tried to welcoming. "Man I don't even like gardening man, why'd you bring me into this?" Zack whispered. "Just stay with me for a while." Ray whispered back.  "Hi Violet!" Zack waved while he put a bunch of seeds into the soil. Violet and Zack hadn't made much interactions since. But Violet just walked quickly off. "Hmm...I'm not getting much of a reaction with my seeds." Ray stated while he looked into the ground. "It won't sprout on the first day silly!" Anna took the watering can out of his hand. "Oh. So how does this whole planting thing work?" Ray asked. He tried to sound interested but really he wanted to just be with Anna more. "Well there's a very long explanation." Anna tried to explain. "Why don't we talk about it at my place?" Ray asked. "I'm sorry I have to decline. But I'm sure someone will ask you for Valentine's day or something." Anna smiled. "Dammit." Ray said under his breath. "Well, that kinda concludes today's gardening club session. Everyone have a great day and I'll see you tomorrow." Anna waved. Everyone left except for Ray who still looked at his soil. "What's wrong Ray?" Anna asked in her calm voice. "I guess I owe you an apology." Ray said quietly.  "Oh you don't need to apologise. Everything that happened I'm New Year's day was a while ago, I'm pretty sure I've moved on and so have you right?" Anna asked. Ray didn't answer, he wasn't even looking up.  "I'm sorry for putting you in danger." Ray said in his boring voice but slowly. "No no you don't have to apologise! I've moved on, I changed." Anna smiled. "...But I don't want you to change Anna! I want you to stay with me and like me back again! I want you to always be with me..." That's what Ray would've said but he himself was a coward. "Dont worry, there's tons of girls to choose from and stuff. I'm pretty sure Ayshe likes you." Anna said. Ray looked up. "...Anna, you know the time I said do you love the snow?" Ray asked. "Yeah I remember." Anna whispered. "That's because...I love-" Ray started. "The snow too? Well I guess we have something in common except for reading books." Anna's calm voice said. "I hope you have a lovely Spring." She waved good bye.

Inside she felt bad. She liked Ray back but she didn't know how to react.

°°°
Norman and Emma bumped into each other after school while they were both taking out the rubbish. "Emma!" Norman waved. "Valentine's day is in two days. Have you gotten any letters?" Norman asked. "No, but I hope I get one!  And I know you've received lots." Emma said. "Well I'd love to receive some from someone special but they haven't sent any yet." Norman smiled. "Oh, well anyway, I'm excited because our class is making heart shaped cupcakes for the couples!" Emma jumped and her bag of rubbish dropped. "Be careful Emma you  could spill your rubbish bag." Norman picked it up. 'I can't believe at first I just thought of Norman as a friend, he's more than a friend he's someone I'd like to be with...' Emma thought. "Norman, you know New Year's Day...?" Emma asked.

Next Chapter.

Red Spider Lilies.
Anna had noticed that the  seed that Ray had planted had grown. And she thought it wouldn't grow in a day or two. She crouched down and looked at it. It reminded her of the  Red Spider Lilies Ray had in his old house with Isabella before they moved Leslie's. Isabella would sing a special lullaby for them to sleep around the Red Spider Lilies patch. And they would wake up and play again in the spring. Isabella had told Anna that her child soulmate made that song, and that was Leslie. Anna thought when Isabella met up with her child sweet heart, they married because of that. It kinda reminded Anna of her and Ray. They used to play all the time as kids, and then they grew apart. Moved apart too. And now that they've became closer she isn't accepting him. She liked him. And he  liked her back. And that was truth. But just like the demon and the human girl, their love was forbidden as many were against it.