Holidays.

It was finally the holidays, where friends would meet up and have parties or play video games or do nothing but talk. That was usual for this trio, Hayato, Zack and Oliver. But this time Oliver wanted to do something different. On the phone he had a group call with Hayato explaining that they should do this thing that Paula suggested. "A breakout room!" Oliver exclaimed.

"You mean, a break out or make out room?" Hayato said later on when they went to the actual place and scheduled a room, "I'm pretty sure this is for couples." He added. "So, everyone we invite will be in a room with the person they like!" Oliver smiled. "It's genius. " Oliver smiled."But you already know I'm single. Forever." Hayato replied. "Do it for Zack. We want him to confess to Violet remember? This is the perfect opportunity, especially if everyone else is doing it as well. And besides, everything will be paired at random." Oliver smiled. "Ugh, okay." Hayato agreed. "There's a good kitty." Oliver patted his head. "Let's see, Emma, Norman, Ayshe, Paula, Gillian, Ray, Gilda, Zack, Don, Violet and us. That's twelve. Nice it's even." Oliver looked at his guest list.

°°°

Emma had met up with everyone else at the  theatres, behind the theatres was a breakout room. Apparently had to go in pairs at the time, so Emma was paired with Don, Norman with Ayshe, Gilda with Ray, Paula with Oliver, Hayato with Gillian, and some how Violet  showed up so Zack was with her. In pairs they would have to break out of the room they were stuck in before being stuck there for more than five hours. Gillian wasn't good with tight spaces and although Hayato said he was single forever, he tried to flirt with her to make her feel better. "I'm interested in Nigel, so you can bring your flirting else where." Gillian said. Oliver and Paula worked together pretty well. "I found the next key! Can I have a reward? " Oliver pointed at his cheek. "Don't push it." Paula patted his cheek.

You were supposed to find at least three keys to escape. And there were three optional doors to go through. Each of the rooms   had a  Christmas design with an artificial fireplace, and a cup of tea with cookies. At the tree there were presents which possibly contained clues. And on the walls there were pictures of random people, beside them were bookshelves and every room had the same design except for one. But no one else noticed that.

In Don and Emma's room they had a small conversation while looking for a key. "S-so, you going to kiss Gilda on New Year's day?" Emma asked. "What made you think of that?!" Don flinched. "Oh nothing." Emma said. "I can't do that anyway, she likes someone else." Don whispered. "Who?" Emma asked looking at a book shelf. "Norman. And Norman likes her back." Don said in a low voice. "Huh?!" Emma flinched and a book fell on her head. "So that was his crush..." Emma murmured. "I knew he didn't like me..." Emma whispered. "Emma look, there's a key!" Don pointed at an empty spot where the book that fell on Emma was. "Oh..." Emma replied. 'Why didn't he tell me that. Why didn't he say something about his crush earlier. When I didn't like him...' She thought. "One key, two more to go." Don said shaking the key.

°°°
Ray and Gilda were the first to get two keys but their communication was really small. "Are you done?" Ray asked looking for a file in the drawer. "Yup." Gilda replied. They didn't normally talk anyway.

Zack and Violet were having a tough time doing anything. "A-are you... are you and Hayato dating?" Violet got straight to the point. 'H-how did she...when...w-why...I don't even know what to say, maybe I should keep quiet.' Zack ignored her. "I'm waiting..." Violet crept up to his face. "D-don't you think we should be looking for keys." Zack stuttered. "You guys were kissing yesterday, weren't you?" Violet asked. 'Should I even answer, maybe I should say yes, then she would finally leave me alone, but if she finds out were not dating, I'll be in for a beating.' Zack gulped down his fear and then said, "No..." But then he knew he said the wrong thing. "I meant, yes." Zack said. "Actually I meant, I wasn't kissing him." Zack scratched his head. "Really? You seemed really flustered. You should have just told me you guys were dating, it would have been way easier." Violet  lost eye contact, her voice was softer now. "Why do you even care?" Zack asked. Then Violet turned around and looked at Zack, she looked like she had been crying. "I've found two keys just now." She ignored him.  "Find this last one," She ordered.