The Fire.

Anna felt her feet trudging in the snow. Her breath was visible. She remembered what Ray had told her.

"There's a fire."

Anna started to smell the smoke, the intoxicating odour it produced, she saw the  orange and red light that it emitted and the crackling but roaring blaze of the ashes. The whole stadium was on fire. Ray lay on the ground with Jemima in his hands. Apparently Jemima had went to take pictures of how the Prom was going. "RAY! How did this happen?" She  helped him up. "Gilda and Paula have escaped with others..." Ray's voice was hoarse and he complained that he had broke his leg.

Everyone was out. At least that was what he thought. Until he realised one person wasn't there... "Christie? Where are you?" Ray shouted. The smoke was toxic. "Christie!" Ray shouted running towards the fire.

He was about to go back into the stadium until Anna grabbed his hand. "No! I won't let  you...I'll go instead!" Ray stopped limping and looked at Anna. She looked so scared but she started walking forward to the fire. Then she ran forward, where she saw the bright lights of the fire. "Christie! Christie?" Anna shouted as she walked around. Then she heard someone crying in the bathroom stalls. "Christie!" Anna ran forward to wear Christie sat on a toilet seat surrounded by fire. "H-help me!" He sobbed. Anna noticed he was holding a candle and a fire lighter. "Christie did you do this?" Anna asked. "I tried to help Ray by lighting up the candles for him, but it all went wrong. And now Ray's gonna be angry. My role model!" Christie cried. "Who's your role model?" Anna asked. "Ray is..." Christie replied, but he was still crying.

Anna could remember only a few years ago..."Yup! Your like a role model to  me."...

Anna grabbed her chest. "Ray..." She whispered. "Don't worry Christie! Grab my hand!" Anna stretched out to reach Christie's small tiny palm. Christie started coughing but he reached out as well.

°°°
"What's taking them so long Ray?" Jemima asked. "I don't know...but I'm going to find them, call the fire fighters with  my phone." Ray stood up and limped inside the building. He knew it was crazy. He knew he may not make it out. But Anna and Christie were in there.

The Fire had wavered everywhere, there was no hope he would make it out alive. "What am I even doing?" He coughed. The smoke there was oh so much in his lungs. "I can't make it. I wish I could tell Anna how I felt, but I've made things so confusing already..." He collapsed on the ground. Everywhere was hazy and hot. "Anna..." He  whispered and closed his eyes.

A few hours later...

My heart, my everything...it hurts...

"Where's Anna and Christie?" Ray jolted up from his sick bed. His leg was strapped in bandages and he lay on a comfy bed with a hospital gown. He looked to the side. "Norman?" Ray looked up at Norman who sat on a stool reading a book."Your awake... took you long enough." Norman waved his hand, with a warm smile. Norman was dressed in hospital gown too. "Why are you here? Dressed in a hospital gown too?" Ray asked. "You have nice pictures of Anna inside your book as your bookmark." Norman ignored him and took out photos from the book. "Hey, stop reading my personal book." Ray said, reaching for it. "Be careful, you hurt your leg remember?" Norman patted Ray on the head.

"I'll ask you again...why are you here, dressed in a hospital gown?" Ray asked. "I'm unwell, but don't worry, it's just a cold." Norman smiled, but his insides felt like exploding with sadness. "Is Emma here too?" Ray asked. "What about Anna and Christie...?" Ray continued. "Emma is on her way here." Norman replied. "Christie and Anna are in another ward..." Norman said calmly. "Did anything happen to them?" Ray wondered. "No. They just need to recover." Norman said  assuredly and then he coughed. "Anna..." Ray whispered he felt relieved and closed his eyes.

"I'm sorry." Norman said  out of the blue. "For what?" Ray asked. "I should have been happy for you guys when you started dating, I didn't know you liked Emma..." Norman apologised. "But we're n-" Ray started but was interrupted by Emma who had just arrived. "Ray!" Emma came running inside. Ray looked to the side and saw how worried she seemed. "Yo!" Ray put his hand up as a wave. "Hi Emma." Norman smiled. "How come your here Norman? Is everything alright? " Emma seemed startled to see that he was there. "It's nothing really, I was a bit unwell but it's fine now." He coughed afterwards.  'I can't let Emma know...neither can Ray. Now that we've made up, hopefully I can spend a lot of time with them all before it's too late...' Norman thought." Well at least we're all together, and you guys are recovering so quickly...how are you feeling Ray?" Emma asked looking at his bandage. "I'm fine. I don't even know why I'm in this hospital, all I did was break a bone." Ray said it like it was nothing.

"It wasn't just one bone you fractured tons." The doctor came in with Leslie by his  side and Issabella followed. "Your awake...      T-that's good." Leslie looked worried but smiled. "What are you doing here?" Ray asked. "At least he came. He's your Father after all. " Issabella said. Ray didn't reply and turned to side of his bed.. "Emma, I haven't seen you in a while even though I'm counsler of the school. And Norman, I didn't know your gonna be here. How have you all been doing?" Isabella asked. "Just fine. Thank you for asking." Norman smiled and Emma said good. "But I'm worried, now that the stadium is burnt down what's going to happen to the children and prom. I felt really bad that I wasn't there to help." Emma added. "Don't worry, the community hall is always available. I held so many of my concerts there. Besides it wasn't your fault." Leslie smiled.

°°°
Anna lay in her sick bed wide awake. Her breath was slow and quiet. Across her in the ward was Christie. He was sleeping...

"Anna!" The girls burst through the room door. Ayshe and Gillian were the only ones there but Anna was glad that they came. The girls asked a lot of caring questions but once they left Anna was kinda happy because it gave her time to think about everything that had happened.

Once Christie and Anna had reached each other, they started to make their way out of the stadium. But then Anna realised Ray unconscious and she didn't know what to do...Until the fire men arrived. She was wondering why Ray came back when he was hurt and injured. But she didn't know what to think at that time. Anna didn't have any burns or injuries but she did feel a bit tired and overwhelmed.

 Anna didn't have any burns or injuries but she did feel a bit tired and overwhelmed

Next Chapter:
Home
Norman and Emma sat as the waves crashed against their feet. The fish swimming and splashing the salty water.Then Norman put his hand on Emma's. "I love the waves don't you?" Norman asked. "Yeah I guess, the water looks beautiful." Emma replied looking at the water. "You know what else I love?" Norman asked. Emma thought for a while and then removed her hand from Norman's, and splashed water in his face. "Playing in the water?" Emma guessed.