37

Their days were being counted, marked closer towards a fight they feared. Quil frowned as he stood on the opposite side of the Treaty where Jacob had asked him to keep watch. From where he stood, he watched as Y/n and Renesmee sat comfortably on the porch, the pair watching the others interact with each other.

The younger girl looked out towards the woods, her bright orbs locking with Quil's own. Like a deer caught in the headlights, the shifter turned and began to patrol elsewhere. Renesmee turned towards the older girl, tugging her arm to get her attention. "Auntie Y/n, are you in love?" She asked curiously.

"Umm, yes, I am. Why do you ask?" Y/n furrowed her brows, rolling her eyes when Jacob laughed at their conversation starter.

The young brunette shrugged, not sure herself why she had asked the question to begin with. "Are you scared?"

"Scared of what, Nessie?" Y/n asked, watching as the youngest Cullen frowned. "The fight?" She watched as the girl nodded her head softly. "A little, but I know it'll all be alright."

"Are you scared?" Jacob crouched down besides them, a frown etched on his face as he overheard her question. He nervously glanced towards Y/n when the younger girl nodded. "Well, you shouldn't be. You'll be alright, I promise. And tell Y/n she shouldn't be scared, it's not cool to be scared." He whispered, earning a gasp from his friend and a giggle from the younger girl.

. . . ✿ . . .

A smile grew on Y/n's face when she felt light kisses along her neck. She turned, shoving her face into Quil's warm chest. "Merry Christmas." She whispered, allowing the male to embrace her tightly.

"Merry Christmas, beautiful." Quil pecked her forehead, his eyes raking over her face. "Are you warm enough?" He asked softly, rubbing her sides slowly as a means to produce heat.

"Yes." She mumbled, eyes closing as he bought her body over his own. "No," she protested with a smile. "We have to get ready. We're going to your moms first, then my dad's, and Emily asked us to join them for dinner." She suddenly sat up, straddling his hips with a pout.

"Alright. But can we come home quickly?" He asked, blushing lightly.

She furrowed her brows at him, watching as he gave her a sheepish smile. "Okay, that's fine."

Walking up the steps of his old childhood home, the male smiled brightly when his mother opened the door. He held his arms open for an embrace, though it never came. His mother had rushed towards his girlfriend, catching the two in slight surprise at her action.

"How are you doing? Oh, I haven't seen you in awhile." Joy beamed, pulling the girl inside and watching as her son pouted at her. "Don't worry baby, I didn't forget about you." She admitted, pulling the shifter in for a long hug.

"I hope you don't mind." The woman stated, "I invited your family over for lunch, after all we are one big family now. Or at least we will be." Joy muttered, watching with amusement as Quill rolled his eyes at her with a playful smile.

. . . ✿ . . .

Quil tugged Y/n's hand lightly, running out of the cold snow and into the warm Uley home. "Do you think Emily made muffins with chocolate chips?" He let out a small laugh at his girlfriends question, abruptly stopping when she pouted at him.