10

Y/n stood in the kitchen stirring the hot chocolate her aunt had left over for her when she heard someone shouting from outside. Furrowing her brows Y/n shrugged it off as the wind rustling, the kitchen window was opened causing the girl to get cold and shiver.

Y/n walked towards the window as a means to close it when suddenly she heard the shouting again. "Jacob!" The girl stood closer to the window hoping it was the wind that was messing with her mind, reaching towards the top of the window she froze when she heard Embry's name being yelled out by the same voice.

She grabbed a jacket that was perched up on the nearest chair before going outside, it was only then that she realized the shouting was coming from inside the woods. Y/n groaned as she made her way in the direction of the voice.

Following the sound of the persons voice she stopped in her spot when she no longer heard the shouting. The soft rustle of the wind was the only think that could be heard. "Hello?" Y/n called out, wrapping the jacket closer to her body.

After receiving no response Y/n began to make her way backwards when suddenly she felt someone clasp her shoulder. Afraid, the girl turned around and began to attack the person.

"Whoa, wait." The voice spoke, attempting to calm her down. "Y/n/n, it's me."

The boy took ahold of of both her hands as she questioned, "Quil?"

"That was you? Calling Embry's name?" Y/n watched as he nodded his head softly. "It's cold, how bout we go back to my place?" The girl took his arm and began to lead him towards the direction of her house.

When the two teens got inside they stood awkwardly in the kitchen. Y/n cleared her throat and released his arm, "there's cocoa if you'd like some."

"Yeah, sure." Quil began to take a seat at the table. Y/n handed him the warm mug and it was only then she took in his features. He had dark bags and they seemed to be sunken, his curls stood in awkward angles.

"What were you doing in the woods?" Y/n asked placing her mug down, taking a seat in front of the boy.

"I, uh, was hoping I'd find Jacob or Embry." He mumbled. "Jacob's been avoiding me, first it was Embry now... its Jake, too."

Frowning, Y/n reached her hand to hold his but before she could there was a knock coming from the front door. With a scrape of a chair and a mumbled "I'll get it" Y/n walked away.

"What are you doing here?" Y/n asked opening the front door to reveal a distressed looking Bella.

"Have you seen Jacob?" She asked.

"Not since last week, at the movies." Y/n admitted.

"Yeah, Billy said he had mono," Bella sighed. "Said I should keep my distance, but I think he's lying."

Y/n stared at Bella before asking, "so? Maybe we should stay away, might be contagious, and why would he lie about that?"

"I don't know." Bella shrugged as she continued, "that's what I'm going to find out."

"Good luck." Quil stated as he walked out of the house. "Bye Y/n/n. And thank you."

"Bye Quil." Y/n responded as he walked away.

Y/n heard Bella giggle, raising a questionable brow the burnette asked, "do I wanna know?"

"No." Y/n stated bluntly. "It was nothing, what were you saying?"

"Oh, right. I'm going to go confront Jacob." Bella stated as she walked away.

"Okay." Y/n stood silently before processing what she said, "wait, what? No."

Y/n ran after Bella, when she finally caught up to her Bella confessed, "He's not sick, he's been blowing me off. And hanging around that Sam guy."

"Sam's nice." Y/n thought out loud, ignoring the strange look Bella shot her. "Maybe Jacob's been busy? No offense but since when do you care?"

"B-because he's my friend, and yours as well. Why aren't you worried?" Bella asked Y/n.

"I am worried. Hang on." Y/n stopped walking and stood in front of Bella. "So the flirting means nothing?"

"Flirting?" Bella scoffed. "I am not flirting.

"Really?" Y/n raised a brow. "Then you might wanna tell him that. Bella, you know how he feels about you. Stop leading him on, I won't let you hurt him just because Edward did the same to you. That's not fair to Jacob and you know that."

Bella stood quietly after Y/n's rant. "I just- at least let me ask him why he's been avoid me." She walked around Y/n and made her way towards her truck. "And maybe you should tell Quil how you really feel."

Y/n gasped chasing after Bella, "keep you voice down, will ya?" Bella ignored her and climbed into her truck, Y/n let out a groan, feeling her face warmer than it was a couple seconds ago.

. . . ✿ . . .

"I'm not knocking." Y/n pouted, crossing her arms.

Bella rolled her eyes at Y/n's gesture. She then knocked on the door and patiently waited for someone to respond.

"Bella?" Billy asked, turning to look behind her he noticed Y/n rubbing her arms to produce some warmth, "what are you girls doing here?"

"I need to see him." Bella stated firmly.

"He's not here." Billy told her turning to close the door.

"I'm sorry, I really need to see him." She pushed the door open and let herself inside the Black home, ignoring Billy's and Y/n's protest.

"Sorry, Billy." Y/n apologized. "She has no manners."

Bella walked into Jacob's bedroom to find him asleep. Turning to look out the window she watched four figures walk out from the woods, one of them being Sam Uley. Running outside she began to pester Sam into telling her what he had done to Jacob.

"Bella!" Y/n called out as she ran after her. Though the sound of someone being slapped had stopped her dead in her tracks. "Uh oh."

"Too late now." Jared spoke in an amused tone.

"Hey, Embry." Y/n greeted giving him a small wave from behind Bella.

"Y/n/n?" He responded by giving her an awkward wave as Paul began to shake ferociously. Sam attempted to calm him down, but it was too late. He had then shifted into his wolf form causing Bella to stumble backwards.

"Y/n run, run." She yelled taking Y/n's arm and running towards the opposite direction. She caught sight of Jacob running out of the house, "run, Jacob, run."

The boy simply ran above both girls, shifting into his own wolf form. He made a lunge towards Paul, the two then fought and disappeared into the woods.

"Take the girls back to Emily's place." Sam ordered Embry and Jared, taking after Paul and Jacob.

"Guess the wolf is out of the bag." Embry joked.

"Why must you always put me in danger?" Y/n asked Bella as they followed the boys to her truck.