6. Plead

Minji POV

We arrived home, and Mom was still assisting me in walking to our house. Gilja greeted us as soon as we walked in.

"What happened?" she asked as she dashed towards us and assisted Mom in holding me.

"A stupid student pushed the door against her," Mom explained. They sat me down on the couch.

"No, it was an accident," I said, holding my head because it hurt.

Mom screamed, "Why do you keep protecting that boy? Is he your boyfriend?"

"What? No! I just met him today, and I'm defending him because he did nothing wrong; it was an accident, and it's not his fault," I explained.

"I'll call your dad and tell him the story," she said as she took out her phone and dialed my Dad's number before exiting.

I'm sure she'll tell a different version of the story. She'll make Jihoon the bad guy. I slowly stood up and made my way to the stairs.

"Minji, you still can't go alone," Gilja rushed beside me and assisted me in getting to my room.

"Just call me if you need anything," Gilja says as she shuts the door.

I walked over to my bed and sat on the edge. I reached into my coat for my phone and checked the time. It's 5:25 p.m. already. My training will begin in 5 minutes.

I looked at my contacts and I was about to call Jimin but I remember that we're kinda awkward right now. I looked for Heekyung and called her.

"Hello?" Heekyung picked up the phone.

"Heekyung. Are you in the company already?" I asked.

"Yeah, everyone's warming up now. Where are you? We'll start in 5 minutes."

"I can't go today. An accident happened to me. Tell that to the other. Tell them I'm sorry. I'll get recover as soon as I can."

"Omg, what happened?!"

"I hit my head on the wall"

"Oh, that sounds bad. Rest well, Minji. I'll deliver your message to the Manager, trainer, and our members. Don't worry about us okay? Just focus on your recovery."

"Thank you very much, Heekyung."

"You're welcome. The trainer is here already. Gotta go." She said and quickly end the call.

I put my phone down and leaned back on the bed, covering my eyes with my right arm. I looked up at the ceiling through my arm. I let out a long sigh, and my heart is beating faster.

Why are these things happening to me? Right now, I need to concentrate on an important event. I could have attended my last class today, as well as my training and assessment.

My phone later rang. I took a look, and it's Dad. I pressed the answer button and placed my phone to my left ear.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Your Mom told me everything." He said in a very calm tone.

"I know. She said that. What did she say?"

"How are you?" He avoided the question.

"Not good."

"Your head hurts?"

"No, my heart is."

"Oh my princess." He said and I can feel his worry miles away from here. Slowly, tears started to form in my eyes and they escaped.