24. Leakage

Song recommendation: Cha Ni - Starlight

Minji POV

I got off the bus and started walking as the cold breeze hits my body. Winter is coming. I put my hands on my jacket and felt my phone in my left hand.

I grabbed it and looked at it. I opened it and called Jisung. As I expected, he responded right away.

"Minji! You've called." Jisung answered.

"And as expected, you answered it right away." I joked.

"So, why did you call?"

"I'm in our neighborhood."

"You're going home? Why?"

"I just.. missed home."

"Something happened?"

It took me several moments before I answer.

"I just wish you're still in this neighborhood, not in the dorm."

"I can go there. Right now."

"No, no. I know you're busy. I just feel alone. You're usually here to accompany me but I'll manage it myself this time. It's not like you can be with me all the time."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. I'm already here. Call you later."

"Minji." I hum as a response.

"If you need me by your side anytime, anywhere. Just tell me okay?"

"I smell corns." I teased and heard him laughed a little in another line.

"Our episode is already out. Watch it okay?"

"Okay. Goodnight."

"Sleep well, Minji." Then I hung up.

I went inside the house and announced that I'm home. I walked into the living room and it was quiet as usual.

"You didn't call that you're going home today. Did you eat already?" Gilja said as she approaches me.

"I'm not hungry." I refused, doing my best not to sound rude.

"Are you sure? I'll bring you some snacks to your room. So you can eat anytime if you're hungry." She suggested.

"Mom's home?" I changed the topic.

"No, she's still at work." She answered and I nodded.

I went upstairs to my room. I got inside and slowly walked towards my bed. I dropped my bag on the floor and laid my back on the bed. Later on, I heard a knock.

Gilja opened the door while holding a tray with some light foods such as some biscuits and bread. "Here. I'll just put it on your table. Just tell me if you want some proper meal okay?" She said as she puts the tray on table near my closet and I hum as a response.

"Just call me if you need anything." She said with a warm smile and closed the door.

I covered my feet with a blanket and grabbed my phone. I search for the latest episode of Stray kids' survival show. I keep smiling and laughing whenever I see Jisung. I know I keep denying it, but I do miss him.

Moments latef, I saw Jihoon with his team. As soon as I saw him, I laughed so hard because his hair still looks awkward. It has gotten much better now but in the video, he looked like a baby trying to be an adult.