21. Witness

Song recommendation: Solar - Adrenaline.

Minji POV

I tripped and fell on my right knee. I groaned in pain everyone rushed towards me.

"Yah, Minji, are you okay?" Heekyung asked, concerned.

"I landed on the wrong foot," I explained between breaths.

"Yah, Eonnie!" exclaimed Hyejin as she looked at Jimin.

"What? What did I do?" Jimin asked, crossing her arms.

"You should rest first," Hyejin advised as Heekyung and the others assisted me in settling into a chair.

"Why did you even give Minji the most difficult part? You know her forte isn't dancing," Hyejin asked as she approached Jimin.

"Why? She's a trainee like the rest of us; just because she's a vocalist doesn't mean she didn't need to work on her dancing," Jimin explained.

Hyejin sighed as she brushed her hair back.

"I'll swap my parts with Minji's most difficult parts," Hyejin said as she began walking.

"Why? Why would you do that? I didn't give you my permission; who are you to decide?" screamed Jimin.

"Because!!... I'm a trainee too, and I want to help my co-trainee because what's the point of training together if you don't help each other and are insensitive, like someone I know," Hyejin said, her tone strong.

"Are you pertaining to me?" Jimin asked, pointing to herself.

"Why? Guilty? Did my words offend you?" Hyejin asked.

"Yeah." Jimin answered.

"Then why didn't you avoid it? Are you stupid?" Hyejin charged, and Jimin was enraged.

"Stop, guys," I said.

"That's right. Be the righteous princess want tobe," Jimin said as she began walking towards the door.

"Where do you think you're going?" Hyejin asked.

"Screw you." She said.

"We'll tell the company what you did to Minji if you walk out that door," Hyejin threatened.

Jimin stopped and turned around.

"Why? What did I do to her?" She asked as she walks towards Hyejin.

"What did I do to you?"

"Stop!" exclaimed Hyejin.

Suddenly, our manager came in and looked at us. We were frozen, and we're not sure she heard everything.

"What's going on?" she asked as she approached us.

"Nothing, Ma'am. Minji injured herself," Jimin replied, smiling.

"Is that true? Aigoo, why do you keep putting yourself in danger?" our manager asked, looking down at my knee.

"Right? Minji, you should be cautious. If you know you'll be in danger if you do something, you should just stop," Jimin smirked.

"Jimin's right, Minji. Take care of yourself, okay?" she said, and I just nodded.

~~~~~
I took a seat and rested my head on the table. I've been extremely stressed and exhausted. We've been practicing until almost midnight, and the atmosphere has made it even more stressful. It's been like this for three days since Jimin returned.

"Yeah, I thought I'd be late," Haneul said, panting as she sat in his chair.

"Yah, what's wrong?" She asked.