40. Paid off

Minji POV

I was sitting on the bench inside our studio after we finished the whole routine. We were just talking when my phone rang. I took my phone out of my bag and it was Jisung. I excused myself and went outside the studio.

"Jisung!" I screamed.

"Minji!!!" He screamed louder which made me distanced my ear from the phone.

"Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!" I said.

"Thank you. I can't believe it, I'm finally going to debut." He said as I heard sobbing.

"Yah, are you crying?"

"Yes! Why? This is worth of crying."

"Well, you're right."

"Hey, are you going tomorrow?"

"Do I'll get a backstage pass?" I joked.

"Yah, it's a survival show, not a concert."

"I'm just kidding. Anyway, yes! Of course!"

"Then, see you tomorrow!"

"Good luck!" I said and he hung up.

I can't believe it. Jisung is finally debuting! His success feels like mine too, we've known each other for so long that we even knew each other's hardships. He deserves it.

I was about to go back when I saw Jimin standing not far from me.

"Eonnie." I identified.

"So, you're going ditch training to go somewhere?" She mentioned.

"N-No, it will happen at night. Our practice is already over by that time." I explained.

"No. We're going to practice all night." She said as she crossed her arms.

"But, November just ended. There's nothing much we can do for now." I fought back.

"Yah, when did you started making decisions for the group? Are you the leader? No, it's me. So, when I say we'll practice overnight, we will do that." She became aggressive and I just bowed down to say sorry.

"It's obvious that you're not serious about being an idol." She added before walking inside the studio. "Yeah, right. Because you're rich, you can just get what you want. Pathetic." She murmured but enough for me to hear.

"What?" I half-shouted.

She stopped walking and turned around to face me.

"Oh, did you hear that? Well, I'm sorry. I mean it." She said as she smirked.

"Yah, when did I use my status in life in this industry?" I asked because I felt offended by what she said.

"Why? It is true. You're here because you're pretty, that's all.  You're pretty because you've done plastic surgery all over your face because you're rich." She insulted while slowly walking towards me.

"I didn't get any surgeries. I've been working hard for two years now and you know that." I defended.

"Of course! Who would debut right away without training? You're obviously waiting for the right timing to use your money to pay the company so you can debut. I know you're smart but I won't let that fool me." She attacked.