36. Invasion of privacy

Song recommendation: Park Bo Young - Leave

Jihoon POV

"Okay guys, take 5." Seunghun announced as we finished dancing.

The room was full of heavy breathing and groaning. We started gathering near the water dispenser to get something to drink. I was wiping my sweat while standing as I saw Noa in the corner, smiling at his phone.

He has been like that for days already, had he gone crazy? Did he attain a phone addiction or something?

It's already my turn and I got myself a cup of water. I was about to go when I thought of Noa. I grabbed another cup and filled it up with water.

"Yah, guys. Noa's gone crazy. He's laughing at his phone" I announced jokingly and everyone laughed at my joke.

"Here." I offered Noa a cup of water.

"Thank you." Noa took the water and drank it.

I sat beside him as he started typing again on his phone. I wonder what is he up to? I was about to peek but then he moved his body further from me.

"What are you doing?" Noa asked me with a serious tone.

"I'm just.. wondering what are you smiling at." I answered as I got back on my spot.

"Don't peek at someone's conversation. That's an invasion of privacy." He said. He pronounced the invasion of privacy in English.

"Ineubesyeon??" I asked with the Korean pronunciation because I didn't understand what he said but It's something about privacy.

"Anyway, you've been on your phone most of the time. Aren't you being addicted to it?" I asked but he didn't answer as he just typing while smiling. Crazy man.

~~~~~
"At last!" I said as I stretched my arms.

We've arrived at our dorm at 10 pm; I went straight to my room and drop my bag. I was organising my dirty clothes when Yedam entered.

"Yah, Yedam. You look so tired. Are you okay?" I asked while organising my stuff and he just hummed in response.

I didn't think much about him and continued what I'm supposed to do. After showering, I did my skincare routine.

"I'm gonna turn off the lights, alright?" I announced but Yedam didn't answer.

He was just lying on his bed while facing the wall. Is he sleeping already? I guess he's stressed with school and tired in practice. I turned off the lights and went to my bed. I grabbed my phone and opened my sns. As I opened it, a picture of Minji showed first.

I suddenly thought of her, we haven't really talked these past few weeks. We're still together in school with the others but I can't talk to her with this Jimin invading my privacy. I suddenly got this idea to text her.

"Are you asleep?" I texted.

She didn't reply or see my text, so I scroll down in my sns. After ten minutes I think, she texted back.

"I was about to. Why?" She replied.

"I saw your post in sns and I had the urge to check on you."

"Well, it's been a while."

I felt guilty because I know I didn't hang out much with her and she was aware of it.

"See you tomorrow?" I texted.

"As usual. Goodnight." She replied.

"Goodnight~"

I put my phone down and sighed as I felt bad for not spending time with Minji like I used to do. I should really talk to Jimin about this but every time I texted her to meet me, she always has something important to do.

I put my arm to cover my eyes and silence consumed the room. As my ears adjusted to the quietness, I heard a noise. Like someone is sobbing. Is it Yedam? This is making me scared.

I sat on my bed and stood up to look at Yedam on the second deck. I can't really see him but I know the noise was coming from him.

"Yedam?" I called but he didn't respond. The noise stopped.

"Yedam, are you okay?" I asked and he still didn't respond. Moments later, I was about to go back when he spoke.

"Hyung." Yedam called with a trembling voice. I suddenly got so worried.

I turned on his mini lamp beside his bed and went up to his spot. I sat on his bed, waiting for him to sit up. He slowly sat up and I can't see his face because it was dark. I looked close, his eyes were red and puffy.

"Yah, what happened? Why are you crying?" I asked in a very worried tone as I scooted closer to him. "Yah, tell me. What's happening to you? I knew it when you don't seem energetic as you used to, something is up." I added.

He didn't respond right away and he was just looking down. I just waited for him to say something but then he started sobbing again.

"Hyung, it hurts." He said while trembling.

"Where? Are you injured?" I asked as I panicked and looked around his body.

"Here." He answered and he put his hand on his chest. His heart?

"Yah, what's wrong with your heart?" I asked as I laugh a little because I hope he doesn't have any serious illness and he was just joking.

"Hyung, what should I do?" He asked as he looked at me straight to my eyes with his wet eyes. He's like pleading for help, it breaks my heart.

He started crying harder, his mouth is open wide as if he was shouting but there was no voice coming out. I grabbed his shoulder and put his head on my chest. He put his arms around my waist as he tightly held my shirt.

I started caressing and patting his shoulder as I laid my cheek on his head. A tear escaped from my eye and I quickly wiped it. I want to ask what's happening to him but I think he can't; he cannot even speak at the moment.

He tightened his arm around my waist as he cried even more. I can't imagine what pain was causing him right now to be like this. I haven't seen Yedam like this before; he's a very bright kid and making everyone happy with his smile. Everyone looks up to him because of his talent but they didn't know this side of him.

My leg was about to cramp but I endured it because I don't want to interrupt Yedam, but then I noticed that he gone quiet. I tried to look at his face, he did fell asleep. I looked around as I tried to figure out how to lay him down without waking him up.

I managed to laid him down but his hand on my shirt doesn't want to let go. If I pulled his hand aggressively, he'll wake up. I laid my head on his pillow while facing him. I looked at Yedam's face and I can see him now because his face was illuminated by the lamp.

His brows suddenly furrowed like he was having a nightmare. I scooted closer to him and put his other arm on my waist. I went higher than him so his head was facing my chest. I grabbed his shoulder and head then hugged him as I caressed his hair. Slowly, my eyes began to feel heavy and fell asleep beside him.