12. Blackout

Minji POV

We cheered and hugged each other when we returned to the waiting room. Our group choreography has received praise. Jimin and I exchanged glances, smiled, and joined the others.

The other teams congratulated us, and we were overjoyed. We all started changing for our individual assessments. I was given a rose pink shoulderless top, a white skirt, and white shoes by the staff. Following that, I had my makeup retouched.

"Wow, Minji, you look so beautiful!" Heekyung exclaimed as she examined me from head to toe

"Yah, you look better than I do," I admitted, embarrassed.

"Stop laughing. I'm not. I told you, if you're going to debut, you're going to be in the visual position. You can just debut with your looks," Heekyung said, which offended me.

I don't want to hear anyone say that I'll make my debut solely because of my appearance. It's the inverse of saying you're just beautiful without talent.

"Yah, Heekyung, you know I don't like that," I admitted.

"Oh, sorry. I forgot," she says, clasping her hands.

"It's fine; just don't do it again," I said, smiling.

"Yup! I swear!" she said in aegyo.

"And that as well," I added, and we both laughed.

We were directed back to the main room by the staff. We returned to our seats and sat. The trainers and the CEO also returned.

"Let's get started! Let's begin with the rappers!" he exclaimed enthusiastically.

"Rapper, please stand in the center and form a line," he said as he read the papers.

"Guys, good luck!" I exclaimed to the rappers on my team, which included Heekyung.

The rappers from the opposing team began to make their way to the center. They formed a line and awaited the CEO's orders.

They began with Team C, which consisted of children aged 12 to 14. I'm impressed because they're younger than me but sound fantastic. Heekyung's turn comes, and I hope she does well.

*Insert rapping*

She stands there after she finishes her song, waiting for the CEO to say something.

"I'm not sure why you're on Team A," the CEO said, and I felt sorry for her.

I can tell Heekyung is crying because she has lowered her head.

"If you don't do better next month, you'll get a warning, is that clear?" the CEO said, and the mood darkened. Heekyung nodded and bowed his head.

"All right, let's start with the dance position," he says as he begins to organize the papers on his table.

My team returned to our seats, and we can see their expressions. They're already bright red. As a comfort, I rested my right arm on Heekyung's shoulder.