9. I'm back!

Song recommendation: Eddy Kim - You are so Beautiful.

Minji POV

"Here's the outcome, Sir," I proudly placed the paper on the table.

It's already Monday, and we're finally getting rid of this stumbling block. I returned to my seat as I observed the Principal scanning the paper.

"Based on what's written here, everything's fine; she just needs to keep her head and avoid any difficult situations," the Principal said.

I noticed Jihoon was staring at the Principal. He exhaled deeply as he touched his chest. He smiled as he held his mother's hand. I'm relieved that everything is now in order.

"I guess no one is going to sue anyone anymore, right, Mrs. Yang?" said the Principal.

"Yes, Sir, I'll keep my word," my mother said, clearing her throat first.

I smiled as I looked at her. She just gave me a sidelong glance.

"I guess you won," Mom said as we walked out of the school building.

"What?" I asked as we stop walking.

"You have a good intuition," she says, patting my head.

"But that's no longer important; as long as you're okay, that's all that matters," she explained. We exchanged smiles and continued walking.

"Take care, okay? Text me if anything happens," she advised.

"I know, go already; you've already spent too much time with me," I said.

"Why don't you like that?" she asked.

"When I said I wanted you to spend some time with me, I didn't mean going to the principal's office or the hospital," I joked, and we both laughed.

"All right, I'll go now," she said as she began walking to the parking lot.

"Take care!" I exclaimed as I watched her walk away.

My phone abruptly rang. It's Dad, I take it out of my coat.

"Appa." I answered.

"Oh, Minji. Did you guys already settled with them?" He asked.

"Of course! Everything's fine now. The bondage already got off." I answered happily.

"That's good to hear. I told you, everything's going to be fine."

"Appa, when are you going back?"

"Why? You miss me that much?"

"Of course."

"I don't know yet but I'll update you as soon I'm finished here, okay?"

"Okay, Appa."

"I love you, my daughter."

"Me too, Appa." Then he hung up.

I was about to return inside when I noticed Jihoon and his mother. They're talking while smiling, which is a lovely sight.

They hugged before Jihoon's mother began walking away from the school. Take care, he said as he waved his hand up.

I approached him, and he looked at me. I was suddenly nervous. What's the matter with me? I believe I experienced déjà vu. He was ignoring me at this point.

"Hello, Yang Minji," Jihoon said. He didn't ignore me!

"Oh, hello," I returned his greeting. What's the matter with me? I swallowed and cleared my throat.