48. At peace

Song recommendation: Young Jae - Pop Star (only till the first part of the chapter)

Minji POV

"Yah, I should've stopped myself pigging out during the holidays." Haneul whined while we're walking to the bench.

"Yah, it's not that obvious." I said.

"I know but my belly grew more and we have to weigh ourselves next week. Can I diet till then?" She stated and groaned out of frustration.

"Well, if there's a will, there's a way."

"Okay! I'll start doing IU's diet." She claimed with full determination.

"Isn't that hard?" A voice caught our attention. "You can just eat sweet potato and banana." Jihoon added.

"Yah, IU's diet plan is much faster and doable." Haneul defended. "Anyway, where are the two guys?" Haneul asked.

"They have a meeting for their dance group project." Jihoon answered as he moved beside me.

"You're not part of it?" I asked.

"Our practice starts later." He answered and I nodded.

"Speaking of project, did you already pass your project?" Haneul asked as she stopped walking.

"Yep. I told you that yesterday but you said you'll just send it in this morning instead because you're lazy" I answered.

"Yah! I forgot! It's already lunch and I haven't pass it yet. So stupid, I'll go now." Haneul irritatedly said and started running towards the entrance.

Jihoon and I continued to walk, no one talked between us for a couple of minutes.

"You're wearing it." Jihoon said.

"What?"

"The necklace, you're wearing it today." He clarified as he pointed to my neck.

"Yeah. It's pretty that's why." I said as I touched the necklace.

We sat in our usual spot, I saw the painting that Bomin and Sanha painted last year. I can't believe it's already 2018.

"Jihoon." I called and he hummed in response.

"I'm sorry." I apologized as I lowered my head.

"Why?"

"The night when I saw Jimin Eonnie...took advantage of you. I'm sorry that I didn't do anything to her that time." I explained.

"It's okay. I understand. You must be shocked huh?" He assured with a smile. "Besides, you did the right thing afterwards anyway. That's enough payback from both of us." He added. He's so kind.

Silence.

"W-Why didn't you tell me that Jimin Eonnie likes you?" I stuttered because I don't know if it's okay to ask this.

"Because I have no intention in returning her feelings anyway." He answered while looking ahead.

"But still! You should've told me!" I raised my voice.

I cover my mouth and relax myself. What was that?

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry. You don't have to yell at me." Jihoon said as he raised his hands and smiled widely that made his eyes disappeared.

I looked away from him and suddenly, I heard a snort. I looked back at him and he's stopping his laughter.

"Yah, why are you laughing at? It's not funny." I said in an irritating tone.

"Alright, alright. I'm sorry, it's just that you're too cute when you act like that." He answered as he still keeps trying to stop himself from laughing.

"Act like what?"

"Jealous." He answered which made me taken aback and stopped walking.

"Y-Yah! Are you crazy? Why would I be jealous?!" I stuttered and he broke into a loud laughter. I got irritated and walked away.

~~~~~
The music ends as we finished the choreography. At last, we have plenty of time to practice because we had two months of preparation. After all, there's no evaluation during December.

"Let's take 5." Hyejin announced.

Hyejin started to lead us temporarily till the Manager announced the new leader. But honestly, I think it's gonna be Hyejin. It gotta be her, she can lead the group effectively. So, I didn't think much about it because it's already predictable.

Our group practice ended, and it's time for our individual training. I entered the office of our vocal coach.

"Minji, it's been a while. How are your holidays?" He asked me as I sat down across him.

"It turns out, it went well." I answered while smiling.

"That's good. So, let's start?" He asked.

My vocal training began and I felt good because I have no worries now. I don't have to fear about Jimin either in school or practice, and my holidays went well because of Jihoon. I wish it's always like this.

"Yah, that's pretty good! I guess taking a long break and having good holidays helped you so much." He complimented.

"I think so too, Saem." I said as I rubbed my nape.

He then started teaching me things that would help me to be better and correcting some things. After two hours, my training ended.

"Alright! So, keep this momentum and see you next training. Okay?" He wrapped up.

"Yes, Saem. Thank you so much." I said as I bowed down.

Heekyung entered the room. "Oh, Heekyung. Good luck." I said. She smiled and thanked me.

"Hi, Heekyung." Our vocal coach greeted her.

"Hi, Oppa." I heard as I just got out of his office.

I looked back but the door is close already. Did Heekyung just called him Oppa? Or my ears are playing with me? Well, whether I did heard it right or not, they're probably just playing around because he's really like an older brother to us.

~~~~~
I decided to sleep in the dorm tonight since Jimin is no longer here. Hyejin and the other members cooked us some dinner.

"Yah, Heekyung is still not here?" Hyejin asked as she looked around.

"I think she's still training." Nayun answered.

"Why is she practising so hard already? Well, it's her decision anyway. Let's eat." Hyejin said.

We already finished eating and washed the dishes. We played some game for a short time before going to bed. I washed up and did my skincare.

"Heekyung, I'll turn off the-" I stopped talking as I realized that Heekyung is still not here.

It was already past 11 pm, where is she? I left the light on and went to my bed. I laid down and grabbed my phone. I texted Heekyung if where is she and what time she will go home but no reply. Minutes later, Heekyung arrived.

"Yah, where have you been? It's already midnight." I asked as I sat up.

"I was practising. My vocal training didn't went well so I have to make it up for it." She answered in a timid voice.

"I see, just don't push yourself too much. Take it slowly. Have you eaten yet?" I asked.

"I'm not hungry anymore. I'll wash up now." She answered as she left the room.

"Yah, at least eat something!" I yelled. I hope she heard it.