49. The end of the road

Minji POV

"I can't believe you're finally performing on Mnet's stage!" I enthusiastically said to Jisung over the phone.

"Me either. I'm more nervous than the survival show."

"I want to say don't be nervous but I'm not even you yet I'm nervous too." We both laugh.

"But seriously, don't think about anything. Enjoy your first stage and be the best idol you can be." I said as I change my tone to a serious one.

"Alright. Thank you."

"Minji" he called and I hum in response.

"Thank you for everything."

"Yah, I haven't done anything to you."

"Being with you has been my inspiration to do well because I want to see how proud you are when I debut." This made me feel emotional for a second.

"Well, I'm glad that I've been a help to you."

"Let's achieve the next goal together."

"What goal?"

"Let's meet in the building of a music show while we wait for our turn to perform. We'll eat, talk and laugh, we'll watch each other's performances and hoping that we can have a collaboration." Now, this made me really tear up.

"Yah, are you crying?" He asked.

"Yes! What if I am? Saying those things..."

"I'll wait for you up here in the stage." I smiled and wiped my tears.

"Okay. Wait for me okay? I'll be there soon."

~~~~~
Our vocal coach helped me to make my singing more clean and powerful at the same time. My vocal training started three hours ago and surely, my throat hurts already.

"Saem, my throat hurts already. Can we stop here?" I said as I massaged my throat.

"Sure. What time is it anyway?" He asked.

I looked at my time and it was already 4:30 pm. I agressively stood up which made my coach startled.

"Why, Minji?" He asked.

"I'm just late for something. Can I go now, Saem?" I asked in a rushed and he said yes.

While I was fixing my stuff, my eyes landed in the handkerchief that our coach  was using. A pastel brown with a koala design in the corner.

"Is that??" I murmured.

"What?" He asked.

"Nothing. I'll go now." I brushed off the thought from my mind because I might be wrong.

"Minji, call Heekyung right away okay?" He ordered and I said yes.

On my way out of the company, I called Heekyung a couple of times but she was not picking up. I have no time to find her around the building so I just texted her and got myself a taxi.

~~~~~
Song recommendation: Straykids - Mixtape #2

I arrived at Mnet's building where Straykids will be performing. I walked to the entrance and a lot of people is lining up. What I mean by a lot, I mean the length of one set of a train.