52. Threat

Minji POV

Morning doesn't like me anymore, it keeps getting boring and boring. After we ate at the cafeteria, Haneul and I decided to buy some hot chocolate in the store. Jihoon and the others have practices for their dance project so it was only the two of us.

We walked to the bench and sat on one of the empty benches. Snow is starting to melt  as spring is coming. We drink in silence, this is quite nice actually. Then, my mind went to what happened last night, should I talk about it with Haneul?

"Haneul." I called and she hummed in response while taking a sip on her hot choco.

"What if I did a mistake and you discovered it. Would you report me?" I asked.

"Out of nowhere?" She asked out of confusion and I just a laughed a little. "Well, it depends on the level of the mistake. If it's something we can ignore then I won't." She answered.

"What if it is something terrible, that would affect other people?" I paraphrased.

"Then, I'll report it because I can't let my friend hurt more people." She explained which made me realized that she's right. "Wait, why are you even asking these things? Did something happened?" She asked as she faced her body at me.

"No, I'm just wondering. You know, shower thoughts." I lied.

"Yah, you didn't even shower today."

"Yah! I did! You can smell my hair."

"No, thanks. I don't want to faint."

"Yah, maybe hanging out with the boys is a bad idea. You're getting their teasing attitude." I said as we kept teasing each other while laughing.

~~~~~
"Text me later if you want me to buy you one okay?" Haneul reminded as we started walking in opposite directions.

"Okay! Take care!" I answered while waving at her.

I started walking and there were a couple of students with me by group. I put my air pods on and tried to ignore my surroundings. Minutes later, I sensed something weird. It felt like someone was watching me.

I stopped in my track and looked around. Everyone was busy and no one's acting strange. Am I being paranoid? I started walking again and I can still feel it. I tried to ignore it but now I feel like someone's following me.

I walked faster and I felt like the person behind me was getting faster too. I decided to stopped and turned around. Again, no one was behind me except for some people walking near me. I sigh and look back in front of me, but suddenly, I saw a man standing in front of me which made me startled.

"Minji, are you okay?" He asked. I slowly looked at his face.

"Jihoon? W-Why are you here?" I stuttered.

"Oh, I need to buy something around your company's area." He answered and I just nodded. "So, why you look so shocked? Something wrong?" He asked.

"No, I'm fine. Come on, let's go together." I answered as we began walking. I don't know if it was Jihoon that I sensed but one thing for sure, that's creepy.

We hopped into the bus and we sat near the middle. It was my first time riding a bus with him alone and we were sitting next to each other. I looked at his side profile and I don't know what's happening in my head.

"Minji, do you need something?" Jihoon asked.

"No, no! I'm sorry, I zone out." I answered.

"Anyway, what did your Mom and Dad told you when you didn't get to go home last new year's eve?" I asked, trying to change the subject.