50. Unexpected

Minji POV

As soon the manager left after announcing the leader, the room went awkwardly silent. We formed a circle as we waited someone would start the conversation.

"I know we have expectations and opinions but always remember that it's not always in your favour. So, the decision that has been made by the heads must be respected." Hyejin initiated.

"But, I can't understand why would they picked Heekyung?" Nayoung said.

"No offense to Heekyung but I never see or experience being led by her." Mina added.

"Maybe, they saw something from Heekyung that we don't." I defended.

Silence.

"If you guys don't want me to lead, I can talk to our manager." Heekyung said timidly.

"Yah, that's not what we meant. We all know, even you, know that Hyejin Eonnie is the most suitable for this job." I said as I scooted closer to her and put my arm on her shoulders.

"Guys, stop. The heads already decided on that, we must respect it. Like Mina said, we haven't seen Heekyung lead us. Maybe this is her time to discover it." Hyejin said and she has a point.

After the meeting, we decided that Hyejin will finish today's agenda then Heekyung will start to lead us in the next practice. After our practice, we got changed and clean the room before we left but on our way, I needed to pee.

"Guys, I think I need to go the bathroom." I said and they looked at me.

"Then, we'll wait for you." Heekyung replied.

"No, since I'm not gonna sleep in the dorm. You guys should go first." I refused.

"You should move back with us, Minji." Hyejin suggested.

"She's right. Jimin is gone anyway." Nayoung added.

"I'll think about it but right now, I really do need to go." I said as I started jogging in place.

"Okay, be careful okay?" Heekyung said as she hugged me.

I literally ran to the nearest restroom and did my business. After washing my hands and wiping them, I got out of the restroom. I was walking in the corridor when I saw my manager walking ahead of me. I jogged beside her and she's startled.

"Minji! You're still here?" She asked.

"Yeah, the girls went home already. I needed to go to the restroom that's why I'm still here." I explained and she nodded.

Silence.

"Manager, can I ask you a question?" I asked and she hummed in response.

"Why the heads decided that Heekyung will be the leader? I don't have any personal issue with her. It's just that we already expected it to be Hyejin Eonnie because she's like our second leader ever since. It's just shocking that they didn't choose her." I explained.

"Honestly, I was shocked too. I did asked them the same thing. They answered that they saw a potential from her and this could be her training." She answered and I nodded. That makes sense. I guess.

~~~~~
The first week of Heekyung's leadership came and it was already Saturday again. Updates about her leadership, it was a mess.

"Hyejin Eonnie, should we change this part because it's hard to travel from this formation and steps." Mina asked.

"For me, yes because we're so crowded but ask Heekyung." Hyejin answered.

"Isn't that gonna make us cost more time to re-choreograph?" Heekyung asked.