17. What matters

Jihoon POV

When I opened the door to our studio, I saw everyone there, including our manager. I approached them slowly and sat with the others.

"What's going on, Hyung?" I asked Byeonggon, but he didn't respond.

"I have both bad and good news," our manager declared.

"The bad news is that Noa needs to return to Japan in the meantime; his father died, so he'll be there for the entire month," our manager explained. I looked over at Noa, who was standing next to Hyunsuk.

"The good news is that the twelve of you will be debuting soon," she said, which surprised us.

"Really?" Hyunsuk asked.

"Yes, but the date is not confirmed yet. For the mean time train hard. Okay? Noa, condolence to your family." She said and exited.

We went to Noa and tried to comfort him. His father died today and nobody knew about this since we're all busy in our own life. Despite his loss, he will debut soon. I'm sure his father is proud.

~~~~~
Noa POV

I went to the living room with my suitcase in hand. Everyone is expecting me.

"Don't be like that, I'll be back," I said, smiling.

"We're still going to miss you," Hyunsuk said.

"Ayy Hyung, don't cry," I advised Hyunsuk.

"I am not!" he says, but he clearly wants to cry.

"I'm going to say goodbye to the company first," I explained.

"I'll accompany you," Junkyu said, and one by one, they all wanted to accompany me. I raised my hands in surrender.

We arrived at the company and I went straight to the office. Everyone expressed their condolences to me, and I said my goodbyes. I thanked them for their patience and for allowing me to return in the meantime.

"Yah, call us okay?" Serim asked as he embraced me.

"Of course, Hyung," I replied as I returned his hug.

They've all started hugging me and saying things that I can't understand with my limited Korean comprehension. Raesung was just standing there, I noticed.

"Yah, Raesung, what are you doing there?" I asked.

"Skinship isn't really my thing," he said flatly.

"Yah, come here," Byeonggon said as he drew him closer to us.

These guys will be missed.

I started walking towards the exit when I remembered Lou. I came to a halt and looked back. Should I pay her a visit? Perhaps it's best not to tell her.

I keep walking when I hear heavy footsteps behind me. I turned around and saw Lou.

"Noa!" she exclaimed, panting.

"Lou,"

She approached me with a sad expression on her face.

"Why didn't you tell me you were leaving?" she asked in English.

"Because I know you'll react this way," I explained in English.

"But you should have said something to me because I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to you and I'm not even ready to say goodbye," she says as she begins to cry.

I wiped her tears away on cheeks. I was both guilty and sad. I don't want to go, but I have no choice.

"I'm sorry, Lou," I said as I took her hand in mine. She examined it and held mine as well.