13. Cringe and Corny

Song recommendation: Kang Seung Sik & Yuna - Fall in love with you.

Minji POV

"How is the evaluation?" Haneul asked over the phone.

"It was fine," I responded flatly.

"Details, please," she requested. I sighed because I didn't want to tell her what happened the night before. But, in the end, I told her.

"I told you, I can already tell she's got something bad in store for you," she said.

"I don't want to think about it, Haneul; this is the only whole weekend I can rest," I said as I sat on the living room couch.

"So, what are you up to today?"

"I want some healing."

"Shall we go out?" she suggested.

"Really?" I exclaimed, rising to my feet.

"I'm kidding," she said, laughing at the other line.

"I truly hate you," I said as I leaned back against the couch.

"I absolutely love you as well, my friend."

"How about yours? What happened?" I asked.

"We did well yesterday, in general," she said.

"That's good to hear!"

"Anyway, I have to get going; I'm going to Ansan for a family outing."

"Can I join you?"

"It's a family vacation, so you'll feel out of place."

"You're correct."

"How about I accompany you?" Heekyung said unexpectedly.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'd like to go to the countryside as well," Heekyung said.

"Who is that?" Haneul asked.

"Oh, it's Heekyung; she said she'd come with me; can we go together, but not with your family?"

"Sure, I'll meet you at KTX by 10 a.m., okay?" she said before hanging up the phone.

"Are you sure about this?" I asked.

"Yeah," she said as she ate her yogurt.

"Yeah! I'll wash up first," I say as I get up and walk to my room.

After washing my face and hair, I blow dry my hair, do my skincare, and then apply my daily makeup. I chose a simple white shirt, a brown oversized cardigan, jeans, and white sneakers.

 I chose a simple white shirt, a brown oversized cardigan, jeans, and white sneakers

I exited my room and went to Heekyung's room. When I knocked, she said, "Wait." She let me in by opening her door. Her outfit consists of a mustard button-up shirt, white denim shorts, and white sneakers.

 Her outfit consists of a mustard button-up shirt, white denim shorts, and white sneakers

"Wait a second, I'll just finish my make-up," she said as she worked on her eyeliner.

"You're a hot mess right now," I said as I studied her surroundings.

"Because we didn't plan this trip, and I don't have enough time to plan," she explained, and I simply laughed.

After ten minutes, we told the other members that we were leaving and exited the dorm. We took a taxi instead of taking the subway because it was already 9:30 a.m.

When we arrived at the KTX, we noticed Haneul at the entrance. We ran up to her and hugged each other. She is dressed in a red shirt, black skinny jeans, and violet and white sneakers.

 She is dressed in a red shirt, black skinny jeans, and violet and white sneakers

"Oh, you're Lee Heekyung," Haneul observed.

"Yes, Choi Haneul, nice to meet you," Heekyung said as they shook hands.

"You're both the same age, so there's no need to be formal," I said, attempting to make them feel at ease with each other.

"Should we?" asked Heekyung, and they both laughed.

We got our tickets and boarded the train. It's a large train. It is South Korea's fastest train, and it can take you anywhere in the country in as little as three hours.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Haneul asked as soon as we sat down.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I replied.

"What happened?" Heekyung asked.

"I told her about what happened yesterday," I replied.

"Ugh, don't even start; I don't want to think about her," Heekyung said, looking out the window.

"I already know she has something against Minji, based on how she just talked to her in school," Haneul agreed.

"What did she say?" Heekyung asked of Haneul.

Haneul responded, "When Jimin Eonnie talked to her in school, she was very cold and insensitive."

"You know I'm right in the middle of you two, right?" I asked, raising both of my hands in the air.

"Anyway, let's not think about her today; it's our healing day," I said, hoping to lift their spirits, but they just went quiet and looked around.

"I just hope she doesn't come back to us after what she did to you," Heekyung crossed her arms.

"If she did, she's so shameless," Haneul said.

"Guys," I said, grabbing both of them and hugging them together.

"I appreciate your concern, but I'm fine; let's just have fun, okay?" I replied.

"All right, but can you please let us go? Your hair stinks," Heekyung teased.

"What? I just washed it this morning; how does it smell?" I asked, sniffing my hair.

Haneul described it as "cringy and corny." They clap their hands as if they've known each other for years. We all laughed and talked about other things, completely ignoring our problem.