58. Opportunities

Minji POV

Two weeks have pass, snow already melted and spring is here. Other than the reason that my favourite season is here, today is Jisung's official debut stage. We're both been waiting for this and at last, he's already going to take the first step of his life.

The performance is at 1 pm, so I decided to eat breakfast before I go to the broadcasting studio. I'm currently in a cafe alone and just finished my breakfast. I suddenly thought of Yeona, I wonder if she's coming. I texted her, asking if she's going to come but 5 minutes later she's still not replying. Maybe, she's on her way.

I left the cafe and got in a taxi to the studio. Arriving at my destination, comparing their stage of Hellevator and their debut, there are lesser people today. I went inside the studio and there are a lot of fans in here but not enough to fill all the seats.

The show is currently on live and other groups are already performing. I looked around to find Yeona but she was not there or maybe I just can't see her. I tried to call her but she was not answering, is her phone in silent mode? I brushed off that matter when it was already Straykids' stage.

*Insert Performance*

The crowd clapped so hard as they finished their stage. After doing the ending, they thanked us. Many fans were praising and cheering them. I'm so proud of them especially Jisung.

I left the studio as soon Straykids left the stage, I want to stay though but I have plans with Jisung. I texted Jisung that I'm at a certain cafe. Half an hour passed, Jisung arrived. He's wearing a plain white shirt, black pants, cap, and a mask.

"Sorry, I'm late. It's hard to find a perfect timing to escape. Especially that some fans might recognize me." Jisung said while removing his cap and mask. "Are you sure this is secured?" He asked while he was breathing heavily as he sat across me.

"Yah, look at you. Hiding from the fans already. Also, you're the one who suggested this cafe and told me to book a private room for us." I replied while smiling because it's funny that he's hiding.

"I forgot, I'm just... still can't believe what's happening."

He was still wearing his makeup and there was a hint of his sweat around his neck.

"I just debuted. Can't you believe it?! I'm already an Idol!" He exclaimed, he sounded like he's shouting. Yep, this is Han Jisung.

"I know! Congratulations! I'm so proud of you."

"Anyway, did you already ordered?" He asked as he looked at the menu.

"Yep, I ordered your favourites." I answered as I looked at the menu that he was holding, then he looked at me in awe.

"Why?" I asked out of confusion.

"You're my best friend alright. You know me too well." He complimented with full of proudness in his tone as he put down the menu.

Our foods arrived and we didn't eat in silence. When I'm with Jisung, it's gonna take hours to finish a whole course. Yet, it's fun to be with him. Listening to his stories never made me feel bored although it makes me feel annoyed and irritated sometimes.

When I thought silence finally come, he suddenly spoke again.

"Right, JYP is going to open an audition. You should try." He said then shoved his food in his mouth.

"Really? Of course! I'll go. I'm not in the position to be picky." I enthusiastically response.

"Good luck, okay? It'll be fun if you're in JYP too. We get to see each other more often." He said while smiling.

~~~~~
After that lunch with Jisung, it was still 4 pm and there was nothing much for me to do. School year is already over and neither of my friends is free to meet because they're all busy training.

I went to the mall to stroll and looked around, suddenly I saw a necklace. Out of nowhere, I remembered Jihoon. I touched the necklace he gave me, I've been wearing this ever since he gave this to me. Maybe I should give him one too. What should I give him though? A necklace too? I think it's too common.

I looked around the store then I saw this bracelet that is perfect for Jihoon. It's kinda expensive but the necklace gave me is also expensive. It's just right to spend something expensive for him. So, I ended up buying the bracelet.

I arrived at our house and silence welcomed me. Dad came back to Japan already last January and Mom went back to her usual routine. I sat on the couch as I took off my shoes.

"Ahjumma? Can you give me a glass of water?" I ordered and Gilja responded.

"You could've got one for yourself you know." A male voice startled me.

I looked around and it was Soobin. "Yah, Soobin! Why are you here? It's Saturday." I asked as I grabbed my chest out of shock.

"I was bored so I came here to see you." He said as he sat on the couch across me.

"He got here around noon but you're not here so he waited and ate lunch here." Gilja said as she handed me my water.

"Why are you here anyway? Do you want to continue what we were doing?" I asked after I drank my water.

"Well, do you have other options?" He asked.

~~~~~
"Yah, why are you so good at this?" Soobin asked after I got a strike from bowling.

"I've been doing this since I was young." I answered as I walked beside the balls.

"I'm not really good at sports no matter how I practice." He said as he rolled the ball then he got his first strike.

Our eyes met and his face is shocked.

"You call that not good?" I asked and laughed.

Suddenly, my phone rang. I excused myself to Soobin as I grabbed my phone. It was Jihoon.

"Hey" I answered.

"Hi, Minji."

"Why'd you call? Something happened?" I asked.

"No, I called because I have something to tell you." He answered then my heart suddenly beats faster. What is it? Is he going to confess? Oh no, I'm not ready. I don't know what to say.

"YG is going to hold an open audition next month." And only a disappointment Oh that escaped from my mouth.

"Yah, what's with the disappointed tone? Don't you want to audition?" He asked.

"Sorry, I thought you're going to say other things." I said.

"What are you thinking that I'm going to tell you?" He asked.

"N-Nothing! Anyway, thank you for the information! Bye!" I answered in rush then hung up without hearing his response. What are you even expecting, Minji?

"Something happened?" Soobin's voice startled me.

"Oh, uh. Nothing, it's just my friend. He said his company is going to open an audition." I answered as I put down my phone on the table.

"What company?" He asked.

"YG. Why? You want to try?" I asked as I grabbed one ball.

"Me? Pfft, I don't fit to be an idol. Come on, it's your turn already." He answered as he walked behind me.

I rolled the ball and hit six. JYP and YG audition huh? Can I even make it in one of those two?