46. Gift

Minji POV

It was December 31, 2017. It's new year's eve, so as usual, there was a party at our house. Mostly, business partners and their families are here. It was like a formal party which kinda sucks because I have to wear a dress in this cold weather. I'm wearing a black and white off-shoulder dress that reaches half of my thighs and silver flat shoes.

 I'm wearing a black and white off-shoulder dress that reaches half of my thighs and silver flat shoes

I walked down the stairs while some of the visitors started looking at me. I saw my Dad at the end of the stairs while smiling at me. I held his hand as soon I'm close to the ground.

"You look beautiful as always, my princess." My father said while smiling.

"Dad, I know that. No need to tell me." I joked and we both laughed.

"O.M.G! My daughter looks like a princess! Omo!" Mom exclaimed as she approached me while holding a glass of champagne.

She hugged me and kissed my cheeks, then looked at me from head to toe repeatedly while she talked about how good I look in this dress. Later on, some guests came to us and complimented me on how beautiful I am. My mom kept on saying I got it from her and things like that.

I'm good at receiving compliments but you know when it's too much, it gets embarrassing. I'm stuck in this conversation for the next ten minutes, and I've been finding ways to escape; then, my phone rang. I took it out and it was Jisung. I excused myself and I'm glad I escaped.

"Jisung! Thank you so much!" I answered.

"Hey, why? Something happened?" He asked in a worried voice.

"I'm stuck with business conversation for ten minutes, thank God you called."

"I guess my timing is right. After all, I'm your knight in shining armour."

"I guess there's a hail storm in JYP." I teased and we both laughed.

"Why'd you call anyway?" I changed the topic.

"We'll go live at 11 pm. Make sure to watch."

"I can watch but I can't when it's the final 5 minutes. You know the tradition."

"Right, the important thing is you'll get to see me."

"I rather not to. I'll pass." I teased and laughed so hard and he was just complaining how much I teased him already.

"I'd love to see what you look like right now. You only become a decent human being once a year and today is that day." He teased and fought him back. We just teased each other for the next 5 minutes of the call.