47. New Year

Song recommendation: Wendy - Two Words

Lou POV

The song ended as we finished our final round of practice today. We went to the water dispenser and got ourselves some water. Later on, they started talking about their plan for new year's eve which is tomorrow. They have plans, but I don't. I can't go back to Thailand.

"Lou, what about you? Do you have any plans?" Yumi asked me.

"I don't have any." I answered. "Can I just join one of you?" I asked.

"Oh. Uhm, I'm sorry. There's only my family at the celebration. It'll be awkward if... You're there." She answered.

Each member answered no as they told me their reasons. I suddenly felt alone. They were right, it'll be awkward if I join their celebration. After they got changed, they started fixing their stuff to leave.

"Lou, aren't you leaving yet?" Nayoung asked before she left the studio.

"I'll practice some more." I answered.

"Okay. Happy new year! See ya." She said and left the studio.

I distracted myself from feeling sad by practising my rapping. Yet, it turned out that I expressed my sadness through rapping which results for me to cry before I finish the whole song.

I'm standing in the centre of an empty room as I tried to calm myself. The music stopped and only my sobbing can be heard echoing inside the studio. I drank my water and grabbed my phone. I sat on the floor in the corner.

"Hello, Mom?" I called my Mom.

"Oh, Lou. How are you?" She asked.

"I'm-I'm.." I didn't finish my sentence as I broke down in tears.

"Louise. What's happening? Are you crying?"

"Mom, I'm sad. I feel so lonely." I answered as best as I can.

"Why?"

"I miss you."

"We miss you too."

"I want to see you, even just once. I want to hug you." I added as my voice started to tremble.

"Is it because you can't come home tomorrow?" And I hummed in response.

"I know it's gonna be the first holiday season that we will be not together but you have to wait okay? I always miss and love you. Remember that okay?" She assured me as I can hear that she's about to tear up too.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you more."

~~~~~
After I talked with Mom, I cleaned up the studio and went out to go home.

"Lou." Someone called me.

"You're going home?" Yedam asked me.

"Uh, yeah. You?" I responded.

"I'm still doing some things." He answered as he walked closer to me.

"Do you need something or want to tell me?" I asked.

"If.. just if. If you need someone to talk to, don't hesitate to ask me to accompany you."