30. Rooftop

Lou POV

"Your Korean is getting better. You've been here for how many days?" Our language teacher asked.

"Almost a month, Saem." I answered while smiling.

"Really? You must've been working hard." She said while smiling widely.

"Of course. I have to." I said as I felt relieved that my hard work is being recognized.

"See you next week, no assignments for now since there are only three days before your monthly evaluation. Fighting, okay?" She said with a very warm smile.

"Thank you so much, Saem." I warmly responded.

She dismissed me and I started grabbing my stuff. I got out of the meeting room and went to my studio. I looked at my phone and it was still 8 pm. Maybe, I can practice my rapping.

I'm originally a vocalist but the vocal trainer discovered that my body knows the basics, naturally. I said that I'm not really confident in rapping but he said that just because I'm a vocalist, I can't learn to rap.

So, he started a rapping lesson in my schedule. Of course, I'm nervous. I'm really shy but I want to be an Idol. I don't even know where I'm getting the courage to pursue this path. All I know is that I love to perform.

After a couple of rounds of practising, some of the members entered the studio.

"Oh, Lou. Are you done with your lesson?" Our leader Yuna asked me.

"Ah yes. I'm just practising rapping." I responded in a very timid tone.

"Oh, you're learning to rap now? That's good then." She said and smiled at me.

I suddenly can't start practising. It's not that I'm shy to perform in front of them, they're my team after all. But I just don't like when there are other people in the room while I'm practising my own thing.

They just sat on the bench at the side of the room while talking about stuff that I can quite understand. They speak so fast and use slang. After a couple of minutes of thinking, about if I should continue, I forced myself to do it anyway.

I went to the PC and replayed it again. I started rapping but I messed up a couple of times. I did a decent job earlier, maybe because I'm with other people now, I'm being conscious.

"Yah, should we eat chicken?" I heard from their conversation.

"It's already Wednesday, I think we shouldn't. We don't have enough time to diet again." I heard.

"Yah, we'll just eat one set. With the four of us, it's not that much. Come on! I'm craving. I think I'll have my period next week." I heard.

Later on, they agreed to chicken. They started gathering their stuff and leaving the room. Finally, some peace.

They were about to leave when Yuna stopped in her track, "Lou, do you want to come?" Yuna offered.

"N-No. I need to practice." I answered.

She smiled and nodded then she left. As a foreigner, I feel like a loner, an outsider. I understand why but still, I don't like it. It's because I can't communicate with them very well. Maybe, that's one of the factors why I want to be fluent enough in Korean.

My phone rang and I walked towards it to get it. There's only one person who doesn't make me feel like I'm different from them.

"Yedam!" I answered the call.

"Lou, where are you?" Yedam asked.

"I'm at the studio. Practising." I answered.

"When are you going to finish? Your schedule."