26. Can't stop

Minji POV

The bell rang, and it's time for lunch, but I didn't have any appetite to eat. While people were going outside, I leaned my head on my desk.

"Yah, Minji. Let's eat." Haneul invited.

"I don't want to eat." I answered in an exhausted voice.

"Why? Something wrong?" She asked.

"No. I don't have any appetite." I clarified.

"You need to eat. You look like a ghost right now." She insisted.

"I'm fine. I just need some sleep. Go eat with Jihoon and the others." I said.

"Are you sure? Like really, really sure?" She asked.

"I'm positive, go. I need to get some rest." I said.

She said okay and started walking out of the room. I feel heavy. Like I don't have any motivation to do anything. I did my best to shut my eyes, but anxiety didn't want me to sleep.

I gave up and went out. I slowly walked through the corridors. I went to the bench and only several people were there. I went to the bench where Jihoon and I usually sit.

I sat on the bench and I could see what Bomin and Sanha painted yesterday; was it yesterday? I can't even remember what day it was. They are sunflowers, it's cute. I smiled because I kinda hear their voices by just looking at their paintings.

The cool wind keeps brushing my body, which makes me sleepy. I did my best not to fall asleep. It's ironic because earlier I wanted to sleep, but now I don't.

~~~~~
Song recommendation: Seo Eungkwang - Why'd you leave me?

Jihoon POV

"I'll go first, guys." I announced as I started cleaning my tray.

"Already? Where are you going?" Bomin asked.

"Yeah, I'll go to Minji." I answered.

"Okay, lovebirds." Sanha said as he chews his food.

"Shut it, Sanha." I said in a serious tone. Sanha just raised his hands.

I quickly put the tray on the dishes and started my journey to Minji's classroom. Haneul said Minji doesn't want to eat, and she wants to sleep. She said she's fine, but I know she's not. Something must've happened.

I arrived at their room but nobody's here. Where is she? I went to the nearest women's bathroom and just peek from the door. Two girls came out from the restroom and thought I was a pervert. I asked them if someone else was in there, but they didn't answer me.

I went to the bench, guessing maybe she's here and I'm right. There are some few people in here and she's just sitting there alone. I slowly walk towards her and as soon as I can see her features, I realized she's falling asleep. Why is she sleeping here?

I sat beside her, and she didn't notice me. Her head is swaying back and forth. I smiled at this view because she looks funny. I grabbed my phone and took a video. Suddenly, her head was about to fall and I caught her.

I put my phone in my pocket and slowly moved her head to my right shoulder. I scoot closer to her so she would feel comfortable. I smiled because I feel happy as I felt butterflies in my stomach.

I looked at her face, and her hair was covering some part of her face. I slowly reach her hair and removed the hair on her face. She looks so calm and beautiful.

It looks like it's too late to stop now, Minji. What should I do? I think... I already fell for you. I can't stop me.. from liking you.

I looked at the painting that Bomin and Sanha created and I smiled. Once you saw this, I'll tell you my feelings for you.

Minutes later, the bell rang. I hate to break this moment, but I have to. I want to stay much longer like this. I struggled how to wake her up.

I tapped her shoulder and slowly she opened her eyes. She sat up with her half-open eyes. I held my laugh.

"Yah, Minji. It's already time. We need to go back." I said.

"Oh. Okay." she said in her morning voice. She stood up and started walking.

I followed her, and she looks adorable acting like this. I smiled and felt happy seeing her so sleepy. Haneul saw us and walk closer.

"You found her." Haneul said.

"Yah, Minji. Where have you been? We've been looking for you." She said as she slightly shook Minji.

"At the bench. Haneul, I need to pee." She answered and started walking to the restroom. Haneul followed her.

I was about to go when I saw Jimin walking in my direction. I suddenly thought maybe Minji is like that because Jimin did something to her.

"Jung Jimin." I said as I blocked her way.

"Why?" she asked after she rolled her eyes.

"Did you do something to Minji?" I asked.

"No. Why? Did she say something?" She said.

"I don't believe you and no, she said nothing." I answered.

"Then, don't. Can you move?" She asked and bumped my shoulder as she walked past me.

"If you did something to her again. I won't let you get away with it." I said.

She stopped walking and faced me.

"What if I did something to her? What would you do?" She asked.

"What's with that look? Do you want to punch me? Fine. Hit me." She said as she leaned forward.

"See? You can't. Who are you by the way to protect her? Are you her boyfriend?" She asked as she makes a fake shocked expression.

"N-no." I answered.

"Then, mind your own business." She said.

"Coward." she said before she started walking.

~~~~~
Haneul POV

As soon as I finished my business in the restroom, I didn't see Minji anywhere. She didn't wait for me. That girl's brain is flying again.

I went out of the restroom and started my way to our room. I arrived at our room. Almost all of our classmates are here and Minji is already sleeping on her desk.

I walked to my desk and checked my face in the mirror. I retouched my makeup and grabbed my book because we have a recitation for the next subject.

The teacher arrived, and Minji was nowhere near ready. I tapped Minji's shoulder and told her that the teacher is here. She slowly sat up and get her book.

The class started, and the teacher asks us one by one. I finished mine pretty well.

"Yang Minji." The teacher called and Minji didn't answer.

"Yang Minji?" He called again.

I looked at Minji, and she's asleep. Oh my god, this girl. I tapped her shoulder, and she woke up.

"Yang Minji, are you sleeping?" He asked.

"N-no, Sir. I was trying to-" Minji stop talking.

"What are you doing? Stand up, it's your turn." The teacher said.

"Y-yes, Sir." Minji said as she struggles to stand up.

"Yah, what's wrong?" I asked her in a whisper tone, but she didn't answer me.

"Minji, stand up!" The teacher yelled, and Minji stood up.

The whole class gasps because Minji is not wearing her skirt. It was on her chair. What happened? Did someone... put super glue on her chair?

Minji sat down and tried to cover her lower body. I quickly grabbed my coat and covered her. There's only one person who can do this.

I looked at Jimin, and she's obviously holding her laugh.

"You know what? I'm done with you!" I yelled.

I grabbed my book and smacked Jimin's face with it. She fell, and I sat over her as I started pulling her hair.