25. Falling apart

Song recommendation: Gyeong Ree - But I miss you.

Jihoon POV

"Yah, Jihoon. What's with the strawberry chocolate?" Bomin asked while fixing his bag on his table.

"Oh, I bought it yesterday. It's nothing." I answered.

"Oh really? I'll have it instead then." He was about to reach for the chocolate but I stopped him.

"Ahh, why? I thought you don't want it." He whined.

"I didn't say that I don't like it." I said and he just make face on me.

I looked at my watch and there's still five minutes before class starts. I grabbed the strawberry chocolate and jogged towards Minji's room.

I peeked at their door and focus my eyes looking for Minji but I can't find her. Suddenly, someone blocked my view.

"Haneul." I said.

"Jihoon, what are you doing here?" She asked and looked at me from head to toe.

"I-I was looking for Minji" I stuttered because of nervousness

"Minji? I think she's late." She said and looked both sides of the corridor.

I nodded and thanked her the she went passed me. Why is she late? This is the first time she was late since we've met. I went back to my room and the class started.

No matter how hard I try to focus, I can't stop thinking about Minji. I keep stomping my foot under desk until our teacher noticed it.

"Park Jihoon." He called.

"Ah yes, Sir." I answered.

"Can you stop stomping your foot?" He asked.

"Actually, I need to go to the restroom." I excused.

"Go, then." He said after he sigh.

I walked out of the room and double-checked the chocolate in my pocket. I started walking towards Minji's room. I peeked through their window but she's still not there. I guess they got punished.

I decided to go to the field. While I was walking, I heard some voices. I slowly walk towards where the voices are coming from. Someone's threatening someone. Then, I heard a familiar voice. Minji?

I peek from the corner, and I saw Minji and her leader. Her leader saying stuff to her like how dare is she while pushing Minji. I got upset already but I think I should not interfere. Then, her leader raises her hand and I know what's about to happen.

I walked fast towards them and stopped her from slapping Minji. Her leader looked at me with her eyes wide open.

"Jihoon." Minji said.

"What do you think you're doing?" I asked Minji's leader.

"Let me go. Let go of me!" She yelled as she slips her hand from mine.

She took a step back while caressing her wrist and looking at both of us. Then, she walked passed us.

"Minji, are you okay?" I asked Minji as I look at her face. Her left cheek is red.

I grabbed her hand and led her to the bench. I let her sit and told her to wait for me. I went to the cafeteria to get some ice and came back to Minji.

I sat beside her and I slowly put the ice on her cheek.

"Jihoon, forget it. It's gonna be fine." Minji said as she pushes my hand away.

"What fine? You look like a tomato right now!" I half yelled and put the ice on her cheek again.